Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Ugh!   If they put something like that at that location, it's a huge let-down for everyone... especially for Cambria!  To be so close to the MCC and have a suburban style A-loft looking building with (what?) 150 rooms would be under-utilizing that location. I hope they're prepared for 250-300 rooms at that site. 

I just read the NP article about the ZaZa (by the way, I have stayed at the hotel in Dallas), and noticed the mention that the company was looking for a Nashville project three years ago.  No doubt, there are so many factors in such a project, and you don't know what the reason(s) might have been. But looking at the sites that have been acquired since 2012, and the rise in construction costs (Meeks said that his Poston condo project is 30% higher now than just two years ago), the folks at ZaZa must be kicking themselves for not moving on something three years ago.  

Memphis is a mid rise town. They don't have the economics to justify high rise. Nashville has expensive land and great rental rates. They will have to build up here.

Ugh!   If they put something like that at that location, it's a huge let-down for everyone... especially for Cambria!  To be so close to the MCC and have a suburban style A-loft looking building with (what?) 150 rooms would be under-utilizing that location. I hope they're prepared for 250-300 rooms at that site. 

I just read the NP article about the ZaZa (by the way, I have stayed at the hotel in Dallas), and noticed the mention that the company was looking for a Nashville project three years ago.  No doubt, there are so many factors in such a project, and you don't know what the reason(s) might have been. But looking at the sites that have been acquired since 2012, and the rise in construction costs (Meeks said that his Poston condo project is 30% higher now than just two years ago), the folks at ZaZa must be kicking themselves for not moving on something three years ago.  

No doubt. Land alone has increased two fold in three years.

Hey guys, does anyone have info on the property in Germantown at 1313 5th Avenue North? It sold recently and all of the trees have been removed. I suspect a townhouse development may be planned for the property. I have been waiting patiently for one of you to mention it here;)

Permit repots said that the trees are being removed for a new development, but beyond that I don't have a clue.  

Building permits for Jefferson St Apts issued.  These are teh ones at 10th and Jefferson, on the Hope Gardens side.  Article from earlier in the year, if you need a memory refresher:  https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/2/10/mdha_targets_late_summer_start_for_jefferson_street_apartmentsJefferson%20text%20box.png

• Like 1

Nice. I like the brick and traditional facade as a change from the plethora of sleek modern buildings of late. Looking at the latest photo gallery posted by MarkHollin (thanks by the way!), I had lots of trouble determining one apartment project from another.  Too many look alike. 

• Like 2

That is a very nice looking development. I hope they keep the materials the same. It addresses the street very nicely. The the top level terrace is going to have nice views of the ballpark and should be full during games.  Full terraces and balconies make it feel like a mini Wrigleyville.

Hopefully it's not like the one recently proposed for Memphis:

CambriaMemphis_zps4fs5jjhw.jpg

I can't imagine that they would even consider this style hotel for that property.  It wouldn't fit in at all.  It's like the Hyatt Place to some degree.  I was so disappointed with them building their typical suburban style property in SoBro when I've seen other Hyatt Place Hotels that would have been a better fit for SoBro.  Like the one they built in Northeast Washington, DC.  Far better than the one they built in SoBro.  This is not the best picture.  But it really is a nice looking building and fits very well into a revitalized area of DC that used to be somewhat like SoBro.  The way it's lite a night is really nice.  (sorry about the size of the picture, not sure how to downsize it.

Hotel-Elevation-4.jpg

• Like 1

I can't imagine that they would even consider this style hotel for that property.  It wouldn't fit in at all.  It's like the Hyatt Place to some degree.  I was so disappointed with them building their typical suburban style property in SoBro when I've seen other Hyatt Place Hotels that would have been a better fit for SoBro.  Like the one they built in Northeast Washington, DC.  Far better than the one they built in SoBro.  This is not the best picture.  But it really is a nice looking building and fits very well into a revitalized area of DC that used to be somewhat like SoBro.  The way it's lite a night is really nice.  (sorry about the size of the picture, not sure how to downsize it.

That building is in such a weird part of town. The couple of blocks around it are NOT nice places. I don't know if they were trying to speculate and get in before the market got hot or what, but it's not somewhere I'd want to stay, let alone feel comfortable walking around at night.

That is a very nice looking development. I hope they keep the materials the same. It addresses the street very nicely. The the top level terrace is going to have nice views of the ballpark and should be full during games.  Full terraces and balconies make it feel like a mini Wrigleyville.

Agree, the renderings look great and glad to see retail included.   I'd like to see how the historic building fits in, but I'm just happy it will be saved and reused.   

Right, the terraces should have good views of the ball park, at least until the Sounds residential project goes up across the street.      

Isn't the grey brick building being repurposed? I feel like we've talked about it before. I hope we don't lose that, it's got some interesting character that could make for a cool little restaurant or coffee shop.

Either way, good to see some development and infill up there.

Edited by Nathan_in_DC

Isn't the grey brick building being repurposed? I feel like we've talked about it before. I hope we don't lose that, it's got some interesting character that could make for a cool little restaurant or coffee shop.

Either way, good to see some development and infill up there.

1720 Jefferson
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/53094-nashville-bits-and-pieces/?do=findComment&comment=1364090

900 Jefferson
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/53094-nashville-bits-and-pieces/?do=findComment&comment=1364025

-==-

Edited by rookzie

This is off the paywall now.  A marvelous location (along the riverfront just north of the railroad bridge along First Avenue) that is currently zoned for up to 7 stories/75 units has just become available.   Would have great view of the river, and is just blocks from CBD. Has nearly tripled in value in less than two years.  My guess is it will be gobbled-up pretty quickly by a savvy developer. 

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

Former Magabus site (1/2 acre at 704-710 4th Avenue South) sold to Rosenberg, who is very involved with the proposed Lyden Art Community project nearby.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/10/15/former-megabus-stop-sobro-sold-15m/73971446/

Speaking of Rosenberg and the Lyden (see above), it appears THAT site is now up for sale:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2015/10/20/fifth_avenue_site_last_eyed_for_lyden_could_hit_market

Mainland's development/redevelopment of 6th and Jefferson site continues to solidify with sale of Centerstone building (over a century old former Elliot School building) which will be converted into 75 apartments as part of an overall plan for 250+ units if I recall correctly. Always good to see old structures incorporated tastefully into new plans.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2015/10/20/centerstone-sells-germantown-hq-site-58m/74291128/

Elliot School Building 6th and Jefferson.jpg

Need a lot more of this!!!!!

333ea88455ce3f41e21f0a0051fbaab1.jpg

Noticed this morning that the Renaissance looks like it's being spruced up. On the southern side, it looks like they are covering the horizontal concrete spans with some sort of metallic surface, painting over the red horizontal trim elements with a dark color so they don't stand out any more, and then painting the remaining concrete elements dark grey. All in all it looks to me like a nice refresh that will update the look of the building. Good change, I think.

• Like 4