Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

"Cities can take the lead by rewriting zoning and building codes to require garage developers to meet the minimal adaptability requirements."

Can't even imagine the ruckus that would cause if Nashville tried to do that. Change, CHANGE, WHHHHYYYYYYY! 

Maybe I'm just being cynical. 

Its not my favorite design - but I think most of the money went into the main infrastructure. This was all steel beams... no stick framing on this thing. For at least that, I am appreciative. 

This is DJ's first project of this scale, and I'm listing some spec homes he's designed, and they are much better. So we'll see with his other properties what ends up happening.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I was talking to a worker on site a couple of months ago, and he said they were going to start on another high-rise at that location in March or so. Guess we will see, but my guess is either office or condo if it happens.

I would not be shocked if they built a 15-20 story condo tower. An office tower would be a bit of a surprise

• Like 1

Just now, titanhog said:

I wish they would just go back and build that original office tower they had planned.  It was a nice, complimentary structure.

I agree.  It was a good fit for the site.  Maybe an alternative to the it being solely an office building would be a combination office/residential tower.  That could be a good fit. 

The restaurant development that will include several eateries at the SE corner of Taylor and 6th Avenue North in Germantown.

Looking west along Taylor Street:

Restaurant project Germantown 1, Dec 25, 2016.JPG

Looking SW from Taylor Street:

Restaurant project Germantown 2, Dec 25, 2016.JPG

Looking east from 6th Ave. North:

Restaurant project Germantown 3, Dec 25, 2016.JPG

Looking east from 6th Ave. North a bit further south on the block:

Restaurant project Germantown 4, Dec 25, 2016.JPG

• Like 1

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 1:25 PM, mundiejc said:

Its not my favorite design - but I think most of the money went into the main infrastructure. This was all steel beams... no stick framing on this thing. For at least that, I am appreciative. 

This is DJ's first project of this scale, and I'm listing some spec homes he's designed, and they are much better. So we'll see with his other properties what ends up happening.

DJ did not design this project, doesn't own it, and didn't finance it.  He's a front man plain and simple.  This project stands out like a sore thumb compared to the other buildings on Jefferson St.

Edited by think365
  • Like 4

From today's Nashville Post:

Lipscomb University has launched its first-ever graduate business classes in downtown Nashville through the institution’s new Spark initiative housed there.

Lipscomb’s downtown Spark is a 20,100-square-foot facility located in a building at the northwest corner of the intersection of Fourth Avenue North and Commerce Street. The facility’s renovation is expected to be completed this spring. In the interim, LU courses are being offered at the Nashville Downtown Partnership, which is located across the street from Spark.

On Jan. 12, Lipscomb’s College of Business began its downtown MBA program with 22 graduate business students. Classes being offered are “Leadership and Organizational Behavior” and “Accounting for Executive.”

“This is an exciting milestone as we engage the downtown community and offer them convenient access to a Lipscomb education that will not only benefit them personally and professionally, but will benefit their companies and as a result the city of Nashville as well,” John Lowry, LU vice president of development and external affairs and executive director of Spark, said in the release. “Instead of professionals who work downtown having to drive 30 minutes in rush hour traffic to get to [the main LU campus], they can now simply walk a few blocks to Lipscomb’s downtown classes. We are pleased that Lipscomb is able to serve the city in another way through our presence downtown and to have a role in shaping its bright future.”

Last week, Lipscomb’s College of Leadership & Public Service also began offering courses downtown as part of its Masters in Leadership and Public Service degree. These courses will also be held at Spark once construction is complete. A variety of academic programming and leadership development resources are planned for the site as well as a Spark: Lipscomb’s Idea Center, which will be similar to the Spark facility located in the Cool Springs area of Franklin.

Since Spark opened in Cool Springs in November 2012, the facility has hosted 1,086 meetings; 25,444 people who have participated in a class, meeting, workshop or other event; and 162 organizations.

David Lipscomb downtown.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/7/2016 at 1:51 PM, markhollin said:

Broadway Hotel LLC is targeting a March opening for its Moxy Hotel by Marriott to be located in SoBro. Originally, the 161-room boutique hotel was to have opened by the end of the year.

Moxy Hotel crane, July 2016.png

Work appears to have stalled on the Moxy Hotel renovation of the former Richards Storage building.   Or at least nothing appears to be happening on the exterior and rooftop expansion.  Anyone have an update?