505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

21 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

They probably have a hoist crane on the doof of the building now for Maintenance.  At least that is my guess.

I know there is one on AT T and Pinnacle.

That's how they're finishing off Salesforce Tower in San Francisco at the moment, via the mechanical crane atop the structure.

• Like 1

A lot of people seem to want a "crown" on the 505 building. This can be done later, as was done in Mobile. Since there is no money within the project for this, is it a practical idea to raise public money for it (with Mr.Giarratana's approval). I think a crown would make a significant difference in the skyline and in the building, and might even give us a new "tallest."

• Like 1

• dmillsphoto changed the title to 505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors - U/C

^^I seriously think that tower would look awesome if this was the finished look.  Something about the top floors without windows and then the crown on top make it look like a combination of modern and industrial.  (yes...I know that would mean rooms without walls...but just talking about how cool it looks like that. :D)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^I seriously think that tower would look awesome if this was the finished look.  Something about the top floors without windows and then the crown on top make it look like a combination of modern and industrial.  (yes...I know that would mean rooms without walls...but just talking about how cool it looks like that. :D)

I agree. Maybe set back the walls like 15 feet or so on a mechanical level and leave the structure exposed. If we ever get a super-tall they may have to leave a few floors open, like 432 Park Avenue in New York (a building which I happen to abhor), due to wind issues. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:29 AM, markhollin said:

Looking north from 26th floor of The Westin Hotel:

505 CST 1, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

Looking NE from the 17th floor of Renaissance Hotel:

505 CST 2, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

505 CST 3, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

Looking north from Broadway/6th Ave. South entrance to business portion of Bridgestone Arena:

505 CST 4, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

Had the section of yet to be places glass been tinted differently/darker this building would look very similar (though shorter of course) to the IDS Center in Minneapolis.

• Like 1