Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

Built in 1920, the 2 story brick structure at 113 2nd Ave. North contains 4,618 sq. ft. and is currently home to The Stillery.

113 2nd Ave North, The Stillery, June, 2018, 1.jpg

113 2nd Ave North, The Stillery, June, 2018, 2.jpg

the street was widened in the 1920's  so the facades are from the 20's however the buildings between broadway and commerce on west side of 2nd ave n are much older built in the 1870's to 1900.  many of the buildings were three stories and converted to 2 floors when they widened the street

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 3:40 AM, markhollin said:

Humphreys Street Coffee is taking the space of the one-time church at 424 Humphreys Street in WeHo that was originally erected in 1940.  The 2 story brick structure has 3,658 sq. ft. 

424 Humphreys Street Coffee, July 12, 2018, 2.jpg\

Look at that floor refinishing. That is a beautiful site!

• Like 2

Ha.  I didn't remember the 1960's structure was still part of it.     Vague recollections, but seems like it might have been a Burger King or something before Blackstone?       Blackstone did such a complete renovation in the 80's, adding the octagonal brew space, that I just considered the whole thing "new".   

The Saltine decor is not working for me at all, btw.       Something of a retro YMCA swimming pool vibe.      And that blue indoor/outdoor carpet.   :blink:      

The 2 story, 17,960 sq. ft. space at 109 2nd Ave. North was built in 1935, and has housed numerous entities over the years.  It is about to become the home for the first hot chicken restaurant in CBD, as Music City Chicken will open there in the near future.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21016322/second-avenue-slated-for-hot-chicken-restaurant

109 Second Ave North, Music City Chicken, Aug 3, 2018.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

I had to look it up, I've always heard it was. BUT HOLY HELL!!!

DoubleWhoa.png

Whoa.png

Yeah, I used to wash my car there (I live two blocks away).  When the developer announced they were going to convert it into a high scale restaurant and started work, I thought, "Good luck with THAT."  It still has some of the original walls inside. Turned out so much better than I imagined it would.