1200 Broadway (27 stories, 313 residential units, 66,000 sq. ft. office, 46,000 sq. ft. Whole Foods, 485 capacity garage)

claya91

• 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Craiger said:

It's completely ridiculous. Developers should be forced to accommodate and protect pedestrians.  

Agree fully. The developers are getting away with murder in this city and I thought they were not supposed to be allowed to do this. Money talks and you know what walks.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I noticed over the weekend that the sidewalk on BOTH sides of 12th Avenue is now blocked off by barriers. I also saw people attempting to walk up that narrow street Saturday, dodging traffic as they went. I sympathized for them, because it looked dangerous.

How does Metro think it's OK to have the sidewalk on both sides of a narrow street blocked off to pedestrians, especially with a popular restaurant and bar at the bottom of that hill?

(The photo is just to show the area in question.)

My wife and I have walked through there about three times in the past few weeks.  No more.  We now go up and down 11th and avoid 12th.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Native said:

Thanks to Rolly for answering a question that was bugging me.  So the office space is just two stories above the grocery.  All the rest is residential?

Yes pretty sure the office space is in the two large floors directly above the parking garage in the photo above. So it’s Whole Foods / retail, then parking, then office, then apartments. The apartment pool is on the roof of the office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

The glass cladding of the office component plays really well with the dark brick of the residential portion. This has turned out to be a pretty attractive building. 

I’m hoping they don’t ruin the classic look of the building with that corny mural design! At this point I’d much prefer it remain blank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...