NC Civil Rights

southslider

11 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

Todays example of being a hypocrite:

Why is it ok to call people "red neck" but we can't call people "hagGS" both are used as a derogatory term to describle someone. Just another example of how liberals are hypocrites. Of course red necks don't have feelings.

Having spent a significant portion of my youth working on a farm in Alamance County (and also having owned a Camero with T-tops) I am quite comfortable using the term redneck to describe myself as well as others. Most of the rednecks I know actually take pride in the label.

Are you sure your from North Carolina?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

I love how you posts these photos as a arguement...I think that "woman" with a beard should shave it off so she will not "hurt the feelings" of the little girls who also have to use that bathroom.

Second, if that woman has a penis...she or he also does not care about the "feelings" of the other people in the bathroom. Kids or people against transgender. You know...they have feelings too. They also have opinions which liberals believe no one else can have.

This is what it's really about...hurting feelings. We don't want to hurt that gay persons feelings? Right?

Todays example of being a hypocrite:

Why is it ok to call people "red neck" but we can't call people "hagGS" both are used as a derogatory term to describle someone. Just another example of how liberals are hypocrites. Of course red necks don't have feelings.

Its like your understanding of this issue regresses with each post. At the start you seemed pretty open-minded and ready to learn about the topic. Now its pure Fox News victim mentality, and seeming utter disregard for the humanity of a group of people simply because they make up a significant minority. You think you are talking about human rights of the majority but are really talking about beliefs, beliefs that people have the right to have, but do not have the right to impose on other's physical, actual human rights. 

51 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

I go to the bathroom with her and stand outside the door.

Other than that...I think if you have a penis you should use the mans bathroom period! None of this "transitioning crap". Once you have it removed...then yes, you can go in a womans bathroom. No, I don't care about their feelings, why should I? They obviously don't care about anyone elses.

I am so sick how the government and large companies are forcing us to care about feelings of a tiny perecent of people, yet they don't care about the majority. At the same time, they are obviously discriminating against religous people who are the majority. (over transgenders)

Transgenders need to be on medication anyway...because it's a mental thing. Notice how large numbers kill themselves after they get the surgery. These studies have been done by doctors who also agree it's a mental thing.

1. I do not support HB2, never did.

2. I am not religious

3. I am not republican (certainly not liberal)

Just sick of the politically correct bullying crap. 2015 and 2016 will go down as the worst years ever. It's only getting worse!

Do you stand outside the door at her school everyday?  What about at church?  Or when she plays a sport, or goes to a camp?

Because the chances of something happening are FAR greater in all of these situations than they ever will be in the made up one in your head.  

Your opinions are yours and (clearly) they aren't changing any time soon.  But you can't possibly rationalize that your action of standing near the door makes any sense if you aren't doing it in all the other listed situations..  Or I guess statistics be damned?

13 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

You think you are talking about human rights of the majority but are really talking about beliefs, beliefs that people have the right to have, but do not have the right to impose on other's physical, actual human rights. 

Yeah, a lot of people seem to get confused between what people BELIEVE versus what people ARE.  As I teach my daughters....people can BELIEVE (THINK) whatever they want.  You don't have to accept what they BELIEVE....and you really don't even have to tolerate what they BELIEVE.  But if(!) it's not hurting anything, let them BELIEVE what they want.  But that's very different than what people ARE.  People ARE different.  We all need to accept that.  Not tolerate it.  You don't "tolerate" what people ARE, you accept it and you understand it.  Black, white, gay, straight, short, tall, old, young, transgender, cisgender ----- these are what people ARE.

I bet if that woman was in the womens bathroom with a beard and you sent ten seven year old girls into the bathroom alone all of them would come running out screeming for mommy or daddy. I am sorry, I do not agree with yall. We were born with what we were born with. Trans people need to respect the majority who are proud of what they are. That woman should shave her beard in respect of everyone else. Not try to make some stupid point.

I agree that once she has a penis added on...then she should be allowed in the mens room. Until that time, she should shave her face out of respect for other people...especially kids.!! I don't understand how anyone thinks she should have a right to do what she wants. Yes, I understand she really is a woman from birth.

If my girl came running out of that bathroom because of that...I will be going to jail!!!

The other photo?? Really??? A penis, large breasts, and looks a like a woman. Obviously she or he does not respect anyones privacy because she or he is letting someone take a picture of them while in the bathroom. This proves it is all about attention.

Both of those photos look like someone trying to cause trouble. I mean...why would anyone think it's ok to go into the women's bathroom with a full beard?? I will tell you who...a rebellious trouble maker.

This issue is much larger than what it is with the gay population. At least they don't try to force their beliefs on everyone else. Gay people cause no problems. Transgender is different. We should not change the world for them.

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

Or I guess statistics be damned?

I have not seen anyone on the right of the political spectrum use statistics correctly or appropriately since the 1990s. (this is not hyperbole, I say this with complete seriousness).

I honestly think that supply-side ideology requires so many leaps of faith (e.g. assumptions) that the right has rejected all types of empirical analysis out of necessity. They even reject data that they gather themselves (e.g. the post-mortum of the 2012 presidential election).

These guys (all republicans) are honestly the modern equivalent of Flat Earthers.

ROTFL...OMG dude...and liberals use real numbers??? I just spit my pepsi all over the screen!!!

1 minute ago, kermit said:

I have not seen anyone on the right of the political spectrum use statistics correctly or appropriately since the 1990s. (this is not hyperbole, I say this with complete seriousness).

I honestly think that supply-side ideology requires so many leaps of faith (e.g. assumptions) that the right has rejected all types of empirical analysis out of necessity. They even reject data that they gather themselves (e.g. the post-mortum of the 2012 presidential election).

These guys (all republicans) are honestly the modern equivalent of Flat Earthers.

^ so can you share any examples of republicans appropriately using data and evidence (not anecdote) in discussions about policy?

Its an honest question. All I see is republicans dismissing data as flawed and then arguing based on personal belief (frequently referred to as "common sense"). This rhetorical strategy is just another form of political correctness.

THIS...this proves my point exactly!!

2 hours ago, kermit said:

Having spent a significant portion of my youth working on a farm in Alamance County (and also having owned a Camero with T-tops) I am quite comfortable using the term redneck to describe myself as well as others. Most of the rednecks I know actually take pride in the label.

Are you sure your from North Carolina?

Red necks like that term being used among themselves, just like blacks like the N word. They call themselves that all the time.

When some one on this board calls them a red neck...it is out of hatred. Calling them stupid and backwards, just because of where they live. Like the hyprocrite trashing people who live in Eden. That person just labeled a whole group of people from one county!!! Really people??? I am sure this point will be ignored or turned around. Lots of these insults are coming from gay people too...lol. It just amazes my you can't see the difference.

20 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

I mean...why would anyone think it's ok to go into the women's bathroom with a full beard??

I don't know. Ask the Republicans that tell him that he is required to by law. The purpose of that picture is to illustrate how stupid this law is. This person would much rather use the men's restroom but isn't allowed to under the current law.

So let me try to understand this. You think that this person who was born a woman and is clearly well on his way to transitioning to male, after being told he has to use the women's restroom or face prosecution, should shave his beard out of respect to us? Is that really how you see the world? You get uncomfortable with something and everyone else should accommodate you and your uninformed fears? 

You are a real piece of work man.

I think a little balance is needed.  

First, it's very difficult to find a politician in either party who is known for integrity, consistency and good decisions.  Look at the presumptive nominees for both major parties.  I personally know a single person (and he's Canadian) who is excited about either candidate.  Ironically, he supports Trump for his stand on immigration (did I mention he's Canadian and not a US citizen and can't vote?).  There is (rightfully) a lot of bashing of Republicans on this board...agreed, they're terrible.  Not real impressed with what the Democrats are saying/doing either.

I think people of faith have a right to view certain behaviors as sinful (right or wrong) just as others have a right to view Christianity as foolish.  However, they don't have a right to impose that view on society.  Stand against homosexuality personally but don't discriminate against homosexuals in the public square or workplace.  Believing that people with same sex attraction aren't genetically predisposed to that behavior is a position of faith (and hard to support with what we have observed).  I also think that Christians need to stop acting like victims (they are not a persecuted minority).  That said, homosexuals have made a lot of progress in recent years.  Less than 8 years ago, President Obama opposed same sex marriage.  It's not, in my opinion, altogether unreasonable for people to oppose transexual men from sharing bathroom and shower facilities with females.  I don't think it's a meaningful issue and I don't think it poses a significant danger (and I'm sympathetic to individuals transitioning who are harassed).  I don't equate gays and (most) transexuals as the same but perhaps I will in 10 years.  I do think that there needs to be more patience and understanding on both sides of an issue that frankly I wish would go away altogether.  The extremes on both sides have been hateful and extreme in their rhetoric.  I am interested to see how other states respond to the Executive Order from the President on public school restrooms....    

Exactly JBS

The posters on this board can't see ANYONE elses point of view. They are automatically shamed and ignorant "rednecks"

6 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

"just like blacks like the N word" 

Who's labeling who? :tw_neutral:

Your point? I am not the liberal here who does no wrong. I never said I dont label. I was showing an example of liberals labeling other people. In this case "rednecks" the "good ole boys"

24 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I don't know. Ask the Republicans that tell him that he is required to by law. The purpose of that picture is to illustrate how stupid this law is. This person would much rather use the men's restroom but isn't allowed to under the current law.

So let me try to understand this. You think that this person who was born a woman and is clearly well on his way to transitioning to male, after being told he has to use the women's restroom or face prosecution, should shave his beard out of respect to us? Is that really how you see the world? You get uncomfortable with something and everyone else should accommodate you and your uninformed fears? 

You are a real piece of work man.

No, you choose the ONE person with a beard over all the other people who have to use that bathroom. Like all the kids who have to walk into that bathroom and see a person with a beard in THEIR space. It is that woman's decision to be like she is. Don't force that on us!!

You are the real piece of work.

8 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

No, you choose the ONE person with a beard over all the other people who have to use that bathroom. Like all the kids who have to walk into that bathroom and see a person with a beard in THEIR space. It is that woman's decision to be like she is. Don't force that on us!!

You are the real piece of work.

How utterly dense are you? That ONE person is in the women's restroom because the law you support tells him he has to. And now you have a problem with that? Sadly you are getting things mixed up in your head. Do you even know what you are arguing anymore? This person was born a woman and is now required to enter the women's restroom. You clearly didn't want him in the men's restroom and now you have a problem with him in the womens. What else do you suggest? Should Transgender people be required to use filthy porta-johns behind the building?

30 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

The posters on this board can't see ANYONE elses point of view. They are automatically shamed and ignorant "rednecks

23 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

Your response is the typical liberal response. Although I just proved you all are hypocrites!

This is funny.. You are calling people on this board hypocrites when in fact you're doing the EXACT same thing you're saying everyone else is doing. Probably worse actually. Most posters here don't resort to labeling and name calling others. Calling out everyone on this board and acting like a 10 year old will make you friends with no one. Move on dude. Try finding something else far more constructive to do... 

2 hours ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

ROTFL...OMG dude...and liberals use real numbers??? I just spit my pepsi all over the screen!!!

I'm a Gay man and I find your statements very disturbing. Your posts are riddled with anecdotal statements. 13 states have bathroom gender identity laws, and no statistical spike in assaults in bathrooms has occurred. Pat went on TV and noted that there has been NO assaults by someone falsifying their gender identity in North Carolina. I think you are scared of being emasculated by having to use the bathroom with others that are different from you. Don't need to feel that way. This is the exact thinking that those who are closeted have and the hardest hurdle to overcome when feeling comfortable with who you are. Some sadly never overcome it and commit suicide. 

Maybe if we all just ignore RaleighHeelsfan, he will return to his 1950s black-and-white television inside a bubble trapped in a cave in some homogeneous fantasy world he's dreamed up while listening to right-wing propaganda on his ham radio in his underground bunker stashed with enough canned beans to survive both the transgender Transformer apocalypse and the liberal utopia that will be built on the ashes of his ex-urban neighborhood where everyone is exactly like him.  Because, you know, treating people with dignity and respect is just plain wrong.  We can't learn from other's differences and teach the next generation to be more tolerant and to celebrate diversity.  No, we have to demean and intimidate the misunderstood and persecuted, teach our children to hate and fear, and vehemently and incessantly demand a return to a past that never really existed.

I say let's compromise. Of course I completely agree that civil rights can't be compromised, but I do believe there are other potential ways to stand up for civil rights.

I say Charlotte amends the ordinance to get rid of the bathroom portion. The state can then make HB2 protect LGBT & Veteran protections for government facilities and schools. Keep the minimal wage provision (because let's be real - that is purely symbolic). 

Lets fight this fight, LGB and T, in a more appropriate forum. Because let's be real, our democratic allies aren't standing with Charlotte and Raleigh as much as they should be; let this be a national issue handled in the courts and Not let the rest of the country use us as a proxy war for both the right & left's agenda while we deal with the fall out.

11 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I say Charlotte amends the ordinance to get rid of the bathroom portion. The state can then make HB2 protect LGBT & Veteran protections for government facilities and schools. Keep the minimal wage provision (because let's be real - that is purely symbolic). 

Charlotte doesn't have an ordinance. HB2 voided it. 

8 hours ago, vicupstate said:

^^ Terry Sanford must be spinning in his grave.  

The business community needs to step up their opposition rhetoric too. 

I have been saying the same thing for months.

When I think about the blood sweated and bullets dodged by people like Terry Sanford, John Belk, Stan Brookshire and even Hugh McColl and for what?

It makes my head want to come off.

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I say let's compromise. Of course I completely agree that civil rights can't be compromised, but I do believe there are other potential ways to stand up for civil rights.

Lets fight this fight, LGB and T, in a more appropriate forum. Because let's be real, our democratic allies aren't standing with Charlotte and Raleigh as much as they should be; let this be a national issue handled in the courts and Not let the rest of the country use us as a proxy war for both the right & left's agenda while we deal with the fall out.

It is already a national issue.......which in a way is good in that it takes the heat off NC....

Archived