Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Wilson County: Lebanon has more projects:

1)  Hamilton Springs will add another phase of 201 units and commercial space.

2) Hickory Knoll will start with 92 homes built  in an initial phase off Hickory Ridge Drive is moving forward on an expansion to construct additional houses on 153 lots.

3) Immanuel Baptist Church will move forward on a $13.5 million expansion that will include a new student building and updated children and senior adult spaces.

4) A 4 story Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotel with approximately 80 rooms has been proposed on just over three acres on South Hartmann Drive.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2023/08/24/why-these-lebanon-neighborhoods-are-about-to-grow/70606501007/

• Like 3

Williamson County: Franklin will see The Middle Eight development that will offer 275 housing units across 15 total buildings, featuring a mix of single-family homes, townhomes, duplexes and apartments.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/09/01/deal-dash-vanderbilt-faces-two-lawsuits.html

• Like 3

Sumner County: Gallatin will see 90 acre Aero Business Park that will dfeature 900,000 sq. ft. of office space. 

The master plan shows the business park will have 15 buildings total, though Rob Horton, a partner at Tenn Properties, said that could change depending on tenant needs.

“The first phase, which is a lot of the smaller buildings – those range from 9,000 to 40,000 square feet – that’s pretty well set in stone. The remaining phases we can flex the plan as needed to meet specific customer needs,” Horton said. “[The property was designed] for light industrial and distribution uses, like an HVAC company for example. The buildings will have a mix of dock-height doors and grade-level drive-in doors. We want them to be flexible to accommodate as many types of users as we can.”

The business park is being built over three adjacent parcels, which Sumner County records show Tenn Properties bought for a combined $4.03 million. The first phase of construction is expected to be complete in 2024. Fields said the project is a “10-year build” that will be constructed over time as driven by demand. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/09/05/aero-business-park.html

Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 1.18.55 PM.png

• Like 2

Maury County: Spring Hill will see the Shoppes and Residences at Port Royal (222 apts., 15 live-work units, 89,000 sq. ft. of retail; 15,400 sq. ft. of office space; 892 capacity surface lots) on 18.3 acres at 4646 Derryberry Lane North. Pentagon Holdings is the developer; smith Gee is the architect; Engineering will be handled by Landmark.

More at CityNowNext here:

https://citynownext.com/2023/09/12/237-unit-mixed-use-development-advances-in-spring-hill-tn/#more-35714

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.37.14 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Maury County: Spring Hill will see the Shoppes and Residences at Port Royal (222 apts., 15 live-work units, 89,000 sq. ft. of retail; 15,400 sq. ft. of office space; 892 capacity surface lots) on 18.3 acres at 4646 Derryberry Lane North. Pentagon Holdings is the developer; smith Gee is the architect; Engineering will be handled by Landmark.

More at CityNowNext here:

https://citynownext.com/2023/09/12/237-unit-mixed-use-development-advances-in-spring-hill-tn/#more-35714

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.36.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.37.14 AM.png

Looks good on paper!  I'd say that's about as efficient a suburban development could be given they have to work with the parking minimums.  Glad to see the buildings on the outside and the parking on the inside.  My only question is do those outer ring buildings face the street or show their back to the street?

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 3:09 AM, markhollin said:

Sumner County: Goodlettsville will see a new BJ's Wholesale Club opening in a 103,000 sq. ft. store being built between Vietnam Veterans Boulevard and the former Sears building at RiverGate Mall. Part of the club will be built on current mall property and part will be built on undeveloped property. A gas station will also be part of the development. About 150 people will be employed.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2023/08/23/bjs-wholesale-club-to-open-third-tennessee-location-in-goodlettsville/70659261007/

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 3.06.47 AM.png

That's in Davidson County, not Sumner County.  Goodlettsville is in both counties, and RiverGate Mall is entirely within Davidson County.

image.png.fa9c280fa65e69f070116cbcd390f527.png

• Like 4

Montgomery County: Clarksville  has seen the groundbreaking for Tennessee Orthopedic Alliance (27,750 sq. on 6.81 acres) off I-24 at 1000 South Gateway Blvd. It is supposed to be completed by the end of 2024. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-planned-midtown-towers-project-progresses/article_4e7b71ce-533a-11ee-84c9-4f4754a6873d.html

• Like 2

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Wilson County: Lebanon's Lifestyle Communities (590 multi-family units, and a GOAT restaurant/social club) is now wanting to add a LC Guest House Hotel to the project. It would be 3 stories with 16 total units.  The whole complex will be south of I-40 near South Hartmann Drive.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2023/09/20/hotel-coffee-shop-and-restaurant-coming-to-lebanon/70866773007/

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 8.30.16 AM.png

The LC concepts are really impressive - probably the only apartment brand that actually carries any cache in my mind (unlike Haven, which has negative cred). With their on-site restaurants, they're technically mixed use - adding in a hotel next to the apartments is a logical next step in that mixed-use concept...

• Like 3

Rutherford County: Murfreesboro will see a Hines' developed 3 building, 300 unit apartment complex on 11.4 acres at Robert Rose Drive and Willowoak Trail. The developers paid $5.4 million for the site recently. 

The community would be part of a larger mixed-use development called Clari Park, which is planned for the area near The Avenue shopping center. The full development will span 78 acres, according to Alpyne Strategy, a marketing agency involved with the project.

The company's website states the community will feature multiple restaurants, an entertainment center, single-family homes, townhomes and property for corporate offices.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/09/22/murfreesboro-sold-hines-clari-park-apartments.html

Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 8.30.35 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hate the architecture here. Looks like a typical suburban POS development built in the old south. Typical BS. Come on guys be original and do something nice instead of something that looks like a southern plantation. I typically like SG's work, but this is horrid. I blame this on Rochford for being a good ole boy company.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I hate the architecture here. Looks like a typical suburban POS development built in the old south. Typical BS. Come on guys be original and do something nice instead of something that looks like a southern plantation. I typically like SG's work, but this is horrid. I blame this on Rochford for being a good ole boy company.

This is what I keep referring about , so many people stuck in a time warp. It’s sad that they can’t let go, think outside of a box and get away from the past. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I get your point... I'm not sure there is any real virtue to trying to make it look like it has been there since the 1800's, but I dunno, I guess I'm just happy it's not another strip mall!  Looks like they're actually trying to create a legitimate downtown core area.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I think the current design is, in part, meant to appease the folks that will oppose anything new. Not a fan either, but I'd wager it will "evolve". 

The problem is that most of the people moving there are in their 20s. 30's, & 40s. It's not like they are baby boomers that may appreciate the crap from the antebellum south. Most of these folks are probably form CA, NY or IL that just do not give a crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1