Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

Denver and Nashville is not a good comparison. Denver. Has 795k in 153 sq miles where as Nashville has pretty much the same population in 525 sq miles. Denver is a model of density and the  density was 3600 per sq mile vs 1325 in Nashville. 

Denver city limits do not extend into the front range, only into the foothills as Jefferson county is further to the west.

• Like 3

That’s when you hire an off duty cop and direct people in and out of the garage. I have seen it in other cities and tourist that have not got sense enough to get out of the way get run over.

They are just directed to go to the other side of the street. Third Ave is a street that should be shut off to party vehicles because it is just too narrow. It will be worse once the 4 Seasons opens.

Maybe its time Metro has a traffic cop division and thats all they do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

That’s when you hire an off duty cop and direct people in and out of the garage. I have seen it in other cities and tourist that have not got sense enough to get out of the way get run over.

They are just directed to go to the other side of the street. Third Ave is a street that should be shut off to party vehicles because it is just too narrow. It will be worse once the 4 Seasons opens.

Maybe its time Metro has a traffic cop division and thats all they do.

They already have an off duty cop during the evening hours directing traffic. There’s a lot of foot traffic along 3rd Ave S, not to mention the neighborhood has gotten a bit more rowdy with the new large bars along 3rd Ave, the new hotels that have opened up, the party vehicles, and the influx in homeless since Church Street Park was cleaned up / DGX opened with cheap single serve alcohol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Melrose said:

Having talked to a bunch of office workers there, everyone in the old/current Pinnacle building hates it.  Getting down there in the morning from the highway or from surrounding  area neighborhoods in town sucks.  Just getting through the tourists  standing around in the middle of the street and/or blocking the garage entrance is a chore.  The garage is terrible to navigate, it is too narrow and regularly gets backed  up several levels where workers just wanting to go home are stuck for 45 minutes.  And none of the office workers want to deal with the surrounding chaos of low rent partiers and garbage country artist-branded bars/restaurants during the day, so they feel stranded for even lunch.  And on top of all that, traffic in those "near SoBro" blocks between Broadway and Korean Blvd.   is getting exponentially worse by the day, with no relief in sight in the form of real public transit.   All told,  that building is about to fall off a cliff.... 

Feels like we could be ~5 years from the same traffic backup story between Church & Broadway portion of the Gulch, between 3 Amazon towers, Asurion, New Pinnacle, AEG.

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, and they want to build another tower in the Gulch. Now we know why! They being Highwoods.

SoBro Pinnacle tower looks as if may get discounted for a bit.

Are these tenants fleeing to the Gulch to escape traffic/parking issues and/or the drunken hoards?

On 10/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, MagicPotato said:

Funny how people look at our density statistics and claim Nashville isn't "dense", because of our undeveloped land in the Northwest part of the county. The urban area, arguably, is fairly dense compared to a lot of cities in our peer group. 

Of the "major*" US cities, only Anchorage, Jacksonville, OKC, Houston, and Phoenix have a larger land area than Nashville. 

*population over 200K

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TNMichigander said:

Houston is so massive it makes Nashville look like a micropolitan. Its defined metro space may be only ~20% larger than Nashville, but the urban spread is astounding.  People who complain about traffic in Nashville have no idea what it is like to live in H-Town.

I took several trips to Houston before, and I have to agree. While Houston has a lot of amenities, their infrastructure and city planning isn't great. I lived in Dallas for a few years and their traffic isn't entirely great either, but at least they're trying to upgrade their transit system. The transit system may not perfect, but it's definitely better than what Houston has. 

• Like 1

I lived in Houston in the mid 80’s and it was a mess then and traffic would back up 20 miles outside of town coming in from Galveston on a good day. I would do a lot of back and forth traveling between the two as there were several hotels I looked after. Beltway 8 had just opened and was barely used at the time.

• Like 3