Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

I'm about to say something many here will consider heretical, but I'm not impressed by this building's style, or shape to be more specific. The size, yes, but the shape looks weird to me (i.e. no "texture"), or off balance. I realize that appeals to many these days, and it was conceived with a companion tower which may or may not ever materialize. Perhaps my biggest criticsm of this tower is the color of the glass. To my "texture" comment, it's a somewhat interesting building from certain angles (IMHO pics 6, 7, and even 8 with the Asurion building appearing as a part), but overall I find the combo of glass and slants to be trite. Frankly, I see nothing about this building that wasn't done elsewhere in the 1970s and 80s. These pictures are very good ones that show just how "invisible" this tower is under certain circumstances. No doubt, that's part of the desired effect, but I would think a large financial company would aim for a more prominent corporate statement.  I guess the choice to build what wouldn't be the tallest tower in a brand new complex in a downtown gulch shows other intentions. I expect that Pinnacle will put their name at the top, and that may compensate for any corporate presence they spent well over $100M to create. I do expect the multi-tiered lower levels will be interesting, and even "inviting" if they're true to the renderings, but I'd also be unsurprised if it turns out to be just a windswept plaza. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

These towers have new names The Everett and The Emory.

The Everett & The Emory - StreetLights Residential

Thanks for the link, but two questions. When did StreetLights become part of this , and the rendering at the top of the linked page isn’t Nashville! Whatever it is , it’s good looking. So is Streetlights still going to utilize the parcel across from A2?

4 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Thanks for the link, but two questions. When did StreetLights become part of this , and the rendering at the top of the linked page isn’t Nashville! Whatever it is , it’s good looking. So is Streetlights still going to utilize the parcel across from A2?

That rendering is for The Central, in Dallas. About a 10 min drive / 40 min walk from me. Currently an empty lot. It’s a bit of a pipe dream, imo, with a lot of office towers. 

• Thanks 2