1201 Demonbreun, Eakin Building, 15 stories, 285,000 sq. ft. office space, $97 million

MidTenn1

Will still be 150-200 feet. Nice height for the hill it will sit on. 15x12= 180 feet plus roof and cap. I am guessing 190-200 feet. A nice project none the less.

Going off the renderings, it shows around 15 office floors that sit on top of what appears to be a 3-4 story parking garage and a 1-2 story lobby. If this is the final product then this building will be in the 20-21 story range and over 200 feet. My guess is around 250 feet or so, or close to the height of the 1212 tower.

Eakin20_zpsf7077083.jpg

Eakin3_zps852cc765.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a final rendering to me... Lots of answered questions, finally.

Decent styling around the base, though it still fits the bill quite nicely in the "glass box" category. Still, I'd rather have this than the grungy empty lot that's been there for as long as I can remember.

Maybe in the next year or two, they'll bulldoze the strip club on the opposite corner and we'll have a nice little walkable district up there.

I will guestimate the height of this building will come in just under 200'.   Not a tall one by any measure, but should make for a great presence along Demonbreun.

Rambling musings ALERT!

Speaking of Demonbreun, as I look at the second half of my forties, I seem to think of my days in Nashville a lot lately... And back in "the day", no one had any reason to go anywhere on Demonbreun.  There wasn't even any reason to drive on it, much less go to any establishment along that street (okay, I noted the comments about the strip clubs).  There were many tacky souvenir shops along that upper end of the street, and the confusing intersection with 17th and 18th, and Hank Williams house.  It really was a humble looking stretch of road, and to think how close it was to (at the time) downtown!!!   So the transformation in little more than 20 years is amazing.  And it will only continue, now that big projects are going up along the Music Row streets, and destined to connect to the 21st Avenue agglomeration with Vanderbilt.  Occasionally, I will pull up the Newschannel 5 Skycam page (Vanderbilt) and check out the skyline and just think how different Nashville is from "my days".  Yes, I get up there when I can, but not nearly enough... and now that my kids are older... it's almost always for business reasons. 

For all the changes, I am absolutely amazed by the many different places to eat/drink all over the city.  All the recent publicity has been one aspect, but to go and check out these places in person is another thing completely.  I was just in Atlanta on Monday and Tuesday and talking to some transplants to that city who are in the development field.  When I told them I had gone to college at Vandy, suddenly all they wanted to hear about was Nashville. The questions from these people Toronto, Chicago, New York, Boston, Philly, London and San Francisco all had a tinge of fascination to them, reminiscent of what I heard as a younger man from people in such places about Atlanta (for those who don't know, that is where I grew up in the 1980s). 

Obviously, the TV show fueled some of that curiosity, but definitely not all of it.  One of the men was an architect who works for the Portman firm and he had just relocated to Atlanta.  He said he is too excited about getting to Nashville and all the great things he had heard about it. He mentioned that there is a lot of wealth up there and mentioned that most of his work is coming from there now.  Others were fascinated by the "cool vibe" that Nashville gives off nowadays. Several had not been there before, but were already planning to go.  

All in all, their curiosity had that air of discovery that many Yankees have when they realize that Southern cities are not the barefoot backwaters they (somehow) thought they were.  Anyway, no doubt Nashville's coolness is definitely on the radar.  Just thought I'd tell you all that. 

Thanks for sharing MLBrundy.

Living in New York, it's great when I hear people from work talking about last night's "Nashville" episode, and asking me if I think Nashville is portrayed correctly in the show.

A collegue of mine had hsi girlfriend give him a surprise birthday present last year. They both are from New Jersey, and she picked him up and said "we're going to Nashville for the weekend". They had never been and just decided to go- they said they had a great time, despite the Titans beating up the Jets.

There are also a ton of bachelorette parties in Nashville. It is a very popular destination for girls apparently.

There are also a ton of bachelorette parties in Nashville. It is a very popular destination for girls apparently.

A friend pointed out this fact to me recently.    I wasn't really aware of this phenomenon and don't know what to attribute it to, but since he said it I've been noticing bachelorette groups everywhere, including on those "pedal pubs" that cruise around Lower Broad.    funny

Yeah, those parties are all over the place. Same with bachelor parties too. I've been on a few, including my own. They always end up with waking up and not remembering what happened or how I ended up in bed with tons of beads on.

Waking up and not remembering why you are covered in beads?  Could be a lot worse!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived