SunRail

sunshine

Paula Dockery poised to drive a stake through the heart of commuter rail. How did we let this lard a$$ win?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_poli...pponents-t.html

CSX opponents try to kill rail deal in Senate

posted by Aaron Deslatte on May 1, 2008 10:51:44 AM Senate Transportation Chairman Carey Baker, R-Eustis, ran into immediate trouble this morning when he tried to take up the transportation package that has become the "CSX bill."

Central Florida commuter rail supporters had planned to take up the House bill and gut the CSX language, sending it back to the House where it could be added back and returned. But opponents, Sen. Paula Dockery of Lakeland and Sen. Alex Villalobos of Miami, are trying to force a floor vote in their chamber on the commuter rail language and may have the two-thirds vote to block Baker from taking up the House bill today.

Edited by GregoryMCSE

it seemed thatmost in tampa were against it. was it sour grapes that they couldnt get a commuter line?

what is an alternative here? can the state use eminent domain to take possesion of the track completely and forcing csx to reroute everything through the other line. then possibly there will be no liability issue if no csx trains run during the same hours as the commuter.

ive got no clue, this is not my field...... someone correct me.

No. Otherwise, the government would control all the lines in the US.

Get used to the idea of rail....it's coming, that said....i've got five on it.

That's the gist of it right there. You know it, I know, most people here know it. But, the retarded politicians don't know it. I absolutely hate how reactionary FL is when it comes to transportation. Most politicians here lack so much hindsight that it's outright scary. It pisses me off to no end.

I know that some of you may be panicking...and thats not completely unwarranted. But the fact that they didnt vote on this bill today is a good thing. Tomorrow is the last day of session, so we'll know for sure then. Stay tuned...

Webster has all but conceded defeat. says their is 10% chance... Hats off to Dockery. She has a lot of pull. Any chance of political retribution against her? This will turn out to be a sad day for our state and for central Florida. I think it is just a microcosm for all that ails our fine nation. Lobbyist, demographic goups that work against each other. Short sited politicians. BTW: Thanks Go Gators for keeping us posted and giving us an insiders view of Tally.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...,0,868130.story

Today is decision day for commuter rail

The catch in the Senate is that CSX wants legal safeguards before selling tracks.

Aaron Deslatte {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee Bureau

May 2, 2008

TALLAHASSEE - Trial lawyers, labor unions and a handful of legislators were prepared to run out the clock today and kill Central Florida's plans to build a commuter-rail system.....

That's the gist of it right there. You know it, I know, most people here know it. But, the retarded politicians don't know it. I absolutely hate how reactionary FL is when it comes to transportation. Most politicians here lack so much hindsight that it's outright scary. It pisses me off to no end.

The problem is the right pockets weren't stuffed.

There's always more to a story than what you see.

this is looking gloomy. i cant beleive after all the hurdles to get funding, local sign-off on stations, etc.. that a project with the necessary funding and local approval will be killed by ignorance. The nerve of those south florida politicians who are complaining about the liability language with CSX, the same language that serves their own commuter rail just fine. unbelievable. how blatantly hypoctricial.

So, any chance of negotiations with CSX going forward without the liability or will they just walk away without it?

this is looking gloomy. i cant beleive after all the hurdles to get funding, local sign-off on stations, etc.. that a project with the necessary funding and local approval will be killed by ignorance. The nerve of those south florida politicians who are complaining about the liability language with CSX, the same language that serves their own commuter rail just fine. unbelievable. how blatantly hypoctricial.

So, any chance of negotiations with CSX going forward without the liability or will they just walk away without it?

Doubtful but not entirely out of the question. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for CSX to move on anything in which they don't reap the benefits.

Here is more..

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_poli...e-night-co.html

A late night commuter rail offer to trial lawyer greeted with silence

posted by Aaron Deslatte on May 2, 2008 10:17:57 AM

Last night, Senate Majority Leader Dan Webster and Democratic Leader Steve Geller met with the powerful trial lawyer association trying to kill commuter rail today and essentially offered them what they claim to want: stripping out the sovereign immunity lawsuit protection Florida extends to Tri-Rail and was offering to contractors that would work on Central Florida

This really makes me sick. This has happened to Central Florida twice as long as I have been living here. Federal funds allotted to us. Nah. We don't need to get 'round in dem trains. [spit] Wees gots deez here automobeels. Thays runs on gassoleen. [spit] That be round foureva.

We need to get on Amtrak to Lakeland and drive down to the WPB end of the TriRail, get on board and leave paper bags full of $hit with notes to deliver to Senator Villalobos and Senator Dockery.

Edited by bulldogger

I'd like to post what I wish someone would do to her, but I could possibly get arrested for it.

Fat beotch pig.

If I was back in High School, I'd drive 2 her house tonight. Toilet Paper her yard and egg her cars then catch a wheel in her well manicured lawn... :rolleyes: Gosh those were the days...