Element Music Row | 19 stories, 431 Units | Musica Roundabout

smeagolsfree

on saturday I drove around a little bit to see downtown in daylight, Noticed they were putting vinyl siding on 1505 on the side that will face 1515, So I was wondering how close to each other will they be? will they be touching or will there be a gap big enough to walk through?

Edited by volsfanwill

All-timber framing and open-web joists, high/low-pressure PVC plumbing, and vinyl siding. Just screams quality. Hopefully there's no smoking allowed nearby or else you won't find me within 100 feet of that tinder box (1505). Thankfully it looks like 1515 will be concrete and brick, so at least it should last longer than your typical slab-built tract home.

on saturday I drove around a little bit to see downtown in daylight, Noticed they were putting vinyl siding on 1505 on the side that will face 1515, So I was wondering how close to each other will they be? will they be touching or will there be a gap big enough to walk through?

I dont think there will be much room at all based on where the footers look to be going. Almost right next to 1505, within inches.

Heres a picture coming up Demonbreun of the crane assembly. I had been eating at Whiskey Kitchen and was able to watch them put a couple pieces of it together. Those guys that do that work are CRAZY!

imagejpg1_zps7ffcf394.jpg

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 4

And how about that 1505 building? It is not tall, but it is massive. That block will be intense urbanity, especially when the Virgin Hotel starts rising (not an official rendering).

Demonbruen2017_zps20199bf3.jpg

If that's really what it's going to look like...then...wow.  I'm not even sure what to think.  That is one huge mass.  And yes...there will be a large number of people living in that one block.

• 1 month later...

Noted bwithers' post in another thread today re the $39M 19-story finish permit for 1515.   

As regards the 1505 project next door, I have to say the exterior materials and finish on the Demonbreun side are exceeding my expectations.    I admit my expectations were pretty low based on the renderings, which suggested a fairly bland facade and a prominent parking entrance (the Dallas on Elliston is fitting that bill).     

I agree. When I saw it was stick frame I had concerns it was going to a cheap product overall.  However, it looks really nice and adds a great deal to the street.  I was also worried about the garage entrance off of Demonbreun.  While I still wish the entrance was off Music Circle East, the entrance off of Demonbreun seems less prominent than I had feared.