Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Hmmmm...  odd looking.  The crossbars do nothing for that redo. And the arched window may be one of those things they had to do per the original, but it's weird.

There is a car dealership here on TN153 that was built decades ago. It was a Honda car dealer as long as I've lived here. Honda moved out and Lexus is now moving in.  Still u/c. They've stripped the building down and the original windows are arched. I don't know if they're going to keep the arches, but IMHO they just don't work well on square blocky buildings. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Hmmmm...  odd looking.  The crossbars do nothing for that redo. And the arched window may be one of those things they had to do per the original, but it's weird.

There is a car dealership here on TN153 that was built decades ago. It was a Honda car dealer as long as I've lived here. Honda moved out and Lexus is now moving in.  Still u/c. They've stripped the building down and the original windows are arched. I don't know if they're going to keep the arches, but IMHO they just don't work well on square blocky buildings. 

Are you sure the crossbars aren't providing lateral support so the building doesn't fall down?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

This is not a redo, it’s new construction.

40 minutes ago, Archibum said:

They've finally started building out some of the interiors. Scout's is going in and I think a sandwich shop. With the food truck lot starting back up a block north, there will be some good options around here!

I have also heard that a Greek restaurant will be going into that development.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2023 at 6:55 AM, markhollin said:

7/11 u.c. on Lebanon Pike just west of Fesslers Lane:

7:11, Lebanon Pike:Fesslers, Jan 28, 2023.jpeg

This store replaces the seedy eyesore Airways Motel, a rent by the hour “No-Tell Motel” with a privacy fence around the parking lot. (I wonder if the site required remediation due to soil contamination.)  :shades:
Although I would have preferred something else built on this parcel, it’s awfully nice that the Airways Motel is gone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

This store replaces the seedy eyesore Airways Motel, a rent by the hour “No-Tell Motel” with a privacy fence around the parking lot. (I wonder if the site required remediation due to soil contamination.)  :shades:
Although I would have preferred something else built on this parcel, it’s awfully nice that the Airways Motel is gone!

Although they did sell some really nice “swings” there. Hadn’t thought of the symbolism until now 😀

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Apartments please! This would be great for some density on the corridor. 7-stories is allowed by right and it is right on a transit line, so parking could be easily reduced. This is a deep lot with Gallatin frontage so build up could be done along Gallatin and Greenwood. It is deep enough that you could have Gallatin/Greenwood facing retail and have a residential lobby set back from Gallatin on Greenwood.

At 7 stories, would a developer be likely to pursue type 5-over-1 construction (with concrete on ground and 2nd floors)?

2 hours ago, andywildman said:

At 7 stories, would a developer be likely to pursue type 5-over-1 construction (with concrete on ground and 2nd floors)?

At 7 stories with the bottom two being a different construction type, the top floor would likely be out of range of the fire truck access height.  Type V construction can go over concrete (commonly called 5 over 1), but realistically to get to 7 stories, it would need to be all concrete, IMO.  Don't think this area is warranting that kind of development.  I live in close proximity so I'm sweatin who is gonna come in.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

At 7 stories with the bottom two being a different construction type, the top floor would likely be out of range of the fire truck access height.  Type V construction can go over concrete (commonly called 5 over 1), but realistically to get to 7 stories, it would need to be all concrete, IMO.  Don't think this area is warranting that kind of development.  I live in close proximity so I'm sweatin who is gonna come in.

I'm just down the street myself and would really want someone with some teeth to come in and down something great. There are a few solid players in town who could come here and do something great, but I do worry it will end up being more of the same...

15 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I'm just down the street myself and would really want someone with some teeth to come in and down something great. There are a few solid players in town who could come here and do something great, but I do worry it will end up being more of the same...

Likewise.  I appreciate the Publix being a few blocks walk from my home, although I'm not crazy about the increased traffic it has brought to Greenwood. Saying that to agree that I hope whatever gets built on that corner contributes more to quality of life than to even crazier traffic. Lots of potential.

• Like 2