Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

847 West Trinity (3 & 4 story townhomes, 111 units) update: several structures topped out already.

Looking north from West Trinity Lane, 1/4 block west of Homestead River Way:

847 West Trinity, March 30, 2024, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from West Trinity Lane, 1/3 block west of Homestead River Way:

847 West Trinity, March 30, 2024, 2.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

Something is underway at 411 West Trinity Lane:

411 West Trinity Lane, March 30, 2024.jpeg

This screen shote from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in brown: 

411 West Trinity Lane, March 30, 2024, site map.png

683a9749-54a7-403e-ab04-0fb393d67586_CA-Permits-20171101_18652337_1 (nashville.gov)

Looks to be 108 units, multi family. These projects along Trinity are a dime a dozen now.

53 minutes ago, markhollin said:

1201 Brick Church Pike (3 stories,  14 units) Phase II. update: nearly complete.

Looking NE from Brick Church Pike, 1/4 block south of Fern Ave:

1201 Brick Church, March 31, 2024, 2.jpeg

Having no landing at the front door of such a convoluted stair would make me drop considering living in this turkey a definite NO!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Having no landing at the front door of such a convoluted stair would make me drop considering living in this turkey a definite NO!

Coming home from a night of drinking makes it hard to get in but easy to get out if you are leaving. It would just be a painful drop. This will be bad if there is an ice storm too. How about groceries or just freaking moving into the place. These developers and architects are just not putting any thought into these homes anymore. Just throwing pieces of crap up. You will get more of this if the NEST bill passes. Cheap ass homes with no character using Hardie board and concrete. The developers will do just as the developers have done in the past, the same old crap. This is worthless garbage!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Coming home from a night of drinking makes it hard to get in but easy to get out if you are leaving. It would just be a painful drop. This will be bad if there is an ice storm too. How about groceries or just freaking moving into the place. These developers and architects are just not putting any thought into these homes anymore. Just throwing pieces of crap up. You will get more of this if the NEST bill passes. Cheap ass homes with no character using Hardie board and concrete. The developers will do just as the developers have done in the past, the same old crap. This is worthless garbage!

Smeagols, design and building standards don’t change under NEST. Surely you know this. What homes in town have character in your opinion?

PS, the Nations Neighborhood association just voted to support zoning changes CM Horton put forth for our neighborhood. Planning will study this zoning change to allow more density and diverse housing in the Nations. The rest of Nashville can be anti housing options, but I am glad my neighborhood is pushing forward.

image.thumb.png.bce27c161a2dcfb01fb00601640ca73d.png

• Like 2

IMO most all of the homes in the Nations were built cheaply. None of the new homes in the Nations have character IMO. The entire neighborhood now lacks any kind of character and is generic in nature. Most all of the homes look the same with less-than-ideal materials. Metro missed the mark when no overlays were put in place. Metro also missed the mark when they just did not bite the bullet and put sidewalks and storm sewers in. Hap hazard setbacks on Metro behalf as well as well as homes built too close together.

So, like everything else Metro will not oversee the things the way they should and let developers get away with crap they should not get away with. I have a problem with the bill as it was written by developers and not by professional planners. It is a money grab. It will not reduce the price of homes either. The homes in the areas that are targeted will be listing for the market price of what homes are selling for in those areas now and will continue to increase based on the market. They will not go down in price due to those areas. 

The Nations is already changed IMO, so they do not have anything to lose. there is nothing more they can do there.

Many of the older homes have character otherwise homes in East Nashville, 12 South would not be selling. Some of the areas have homes that are a little newer that are all brick that have just as much character and are just as appealing if not more so than the home in some of these other areas and those folks do not want their neighborhoods to change. I can understand that! I live in a new subdivision, however if they changed the rules that allowed duplexes and more in my neighborhood I would be pissed. I bought in a neighborhood that allows only SFH and that is why I am here. Don't change the rules on me after I have lived here for 25 years. That is what a lot of folks want. I still think there will be so much public backlash on this bill when the public meeting start back up next year, it will be DOA. It will end some of the Councilmember careers if they vote for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Architects????  You dignify these folks who are mostly third rateCAD-jockeys!  Crap like this comes from inhouse staff.  Few respectable architctural firms would touch such work.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, samsonh said:

4 hours ago, samsonh said:

PS, the Nations Neighborhood association just voted to support zoning changes CM Horton put forth for our neighborhood. Planning will study this zoning change to allow more density and diverse housing in the Nations. The rest of Nashville can be anti housing options, but I am glad my neighborhood is pushing forward

I like this attitude! , finally people who realize that a city isn’t made up of just SFH . It takes all kinds and price points, of course there’s always going to be naysayers or nimby’s who don’t like or want the old Nashville to change. But Nashville isn’t Spring Hill or Franklin nor is it going to stay as it was in the past, we need attitudes like your neighbors in the Nations obviously have. Welcoming to ALL residents and forms of housing opportunities, as a investor who deals with transforming the housing market here In Davidson, it’s a good feeling to have people that seem to understand that we can build a better diversity of homes and communities if we can just get the right attitude. 

• Like 4