Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, markhollin said:

Cortland out of Atlanta has purchased the just-completed Broadstone Nations (5 & 6 stories, 342 units, and internal garage) from Alliance for an undetermined price, and it will now be called Cortland at The Nations. Before the sale, local distiller Darek Bell purchased a portion of the compound for $2.85 million and apparently artisan food/craft beer outlet Corsair will be going there.

I noticed that the signage had already changed this past Saturday. Thanks for the explanation - I was confused what was going on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

847 West Trinity Lane will be an 8.7 acre, 3 story, 111 unit, townhome project by Red Seal Homes, who just paid $6.1 million for the property. Centric Architecture will handle the design.

The seller was Wharton Capital Corp, which had bought the land for $1.5 million  in April, 2019, and had planned a 375 unit apartment complex on the site. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/trinity-lane-site-sells-for-four-times-2019-transaction-price/article_b06e250e-885f-11ec-b51a-af8700ff0b02.html

847 West Trinity Lane, Feb 8, 2022, render.png

847 West Trinity Lane, Feb 8, 2022, diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development maps shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

847 West Trinity Lane, Feb 8, 2022, site map.png

While it’s disappointing the unit count was essentially cut to a 3rd of what was proposed previously, I still think they did a pretty good job with the density for this one.

The important thing is that W Trinity gets developed instead of just sits there like it is. We have streets with no sidewalks that need them, and this is a street that has had sidewalks that has not had any need for them until maybe recently with the new developments. 

The sidewalks have been in place here 30 years or so. Strange the way Metro does things backwards.  But what's new. Metro cold have had the developers pay for them, but I will bet they will have the developers take out the perfectly good sidewalks and build new ones.

There is a stretch of sidewalk going under the interstate on Annex drive that the general sidewalk fund is paying for, and I guarantee the price per foot of that sidewalk has exceeded $10,000 plf as they have been working on it for six months and it can't be much more than 100' long. To say that the price Metro charges the developers per linear foot pays for the sidewalks and all the extras that go along with the construction is a joke. This is manpower, curbs, storm sewer lines, traffic control, equipment and who knows what else.  If you live in that area you know what I am talking about. This is just one side of the street!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There is a stretch of sidewalk going under the interstate on Annex drive that the general sidewalk fund is paying for, and I guarantee the price per foot of that sidewalk has exceeded $10,000 plf as they have been working on it for six months and it can't be much more than 100' long.

Yeah, that has been ridiculous, especially the several weeks they entirely closed the road. Why are they building it on the side with the large hill that required that retaining wall to be built, when the other side is literally already flattened? I like it in concept, but I don't see how this would possibly be a priority in terms of how many people would actually use it. The highest density developments on the other side of I-40 are the hilltop apartments on Cabot Dr, and I think would be far more useful in terms of allowing people to walk to Nashville West to build a pedestrian overpass from the apartment complexes to Target and the other box stores (certainly not on the Costco end ... who wants to carry a Costco haul home on foot??). The only pedestrian overpass I am aware of is the one at Newton, and I have no idea why that exists where it does - it has no direct access to Charlotte or Robertson. And meanwhile, there is still no sidewalk on most of Charlotte from Kroger to Chick-fil-A.

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Yeah, that has been ridiculous, especially the several weeks they entirely closed the road. Why are they building it on the side with the large hill that required that retaining wall to be built, when the other side is literally already flattened? I like it in concept, but I don't see how this would possibly be a priority in terms of how many people would actually use it. The highest density developments on the other side of I-40 are the hilltop apartments on Cabot Dr, and I think would be far more useful in terms of allowing people to walk to Nashville West to build a pedestrian overpass from the apartment complexes to Target and the other box stores (certainly not on the Costco end ... who wants to carry a Costco haul home on foot??). The only pedestrian overpass I am aware of is the one at Newton, and I have no idea why that exists where it does - it has no direct access to Charlotte or Robertson. And meanwhile, there is still no sidewalk on most of Charlotte from Kroger to Chick-fil-A.

Thus, what goes on in the mind of Metro????........Only the Shadow Knows! For thus old enough to remember the old TV Show.

17 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There is a stretch of sidewalk going under the interstate on Annex drive that the general sidewalk fund is paying for, and I guarantee the price per foot of that sidewalk has exceeded $10,000 plf as they have been working on it for six months and it can't be much more than 100' long. To say that the price Metro charges the developers per linear foot pays for the sidewalks and all the extras that go along with the construction is a joke. This is manpower, curbs, storm sewer lines, traffic control, equipment and who knows what else.  If you live in that area you know what I am talking about. This is just one side of the street!

I don't know what the stormwater looked like for that project but that is primarily what is driving up the cost of Public Works / NDOT sidewalks. MWS is having their way with them in regards to stormwater requirements; many of these are requiring a complete rebuild or new installation of storm sewer.

10 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

The only pedestrian overpass I am aware of is the one at Newton, and I have no idea why that exists where it does - it has no direct access to Charlotte or Robertson.

The current one is there because there was one there before the Briley interchange rebuild. I imagine the original one was there because the Interstate cut off Newton and there were several important destinations on Charlotte immediately to the south, namely Richland School. I have no idea though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1