Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

As to the new property, Bringle told the Post Thursday morning, “There is one Peg Leg Porker and there will not be another. This will be a new concept that will involve smoked meats.”

I heard a month or so ago that this one was going to be Texas-style barbecue. In any case, I'm happy to have it coming to the neighborhood.

• Like 4

From the NBJ today: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/11/25/fortune-500-firm-signs-lease-at-revamped-charlotte.html

Accenture (NYSE: ACN) is leasing 36,400 square feet of office space at the Sylvan Supply development, at 4101 Charlotte Ave. Well more than 300 employees can fit in the space, which Accenture expects to open around May, the project's developers told the Business Journal.

• Like 4

On 11/24/2019 at 9:13 AM, markhollin said:

The repurposing of the former church at 4909 Indiana Ave. for a micro brewery continues.

Looking SW from Indiana Ave., 1/4 block west of 49th Ave:

4909 Indiana Ave, Nov 3, 2019, 1.jpg

I went to Czann's for a beer about 4 weeks ago and the owner (can't remember his name) sat next to us at the bar.  He said he was moving to a church in The Nations so I'm assuming this is it.  His product is very good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rolly said:

Why don't they just use cloud services for hosting and Kindle readers for viewing?  I guess people want physical. 

I went in about 10:15 Saturday morning and it there was a crowd. I was thinking the same thing, but actually seeing the books gave me ideas on things to read that I’d not have just looking online. They also sell lots a things that aren’t books. 
I’ll also add that the look of the store is pretty minimalist. Concrete floors, black ceiling, black walls and mostly black fixtures. For me it was less “minimalist chic” and more - we just didn’t want to spend much money. That works in some venues but I expect a little more in the Mall at GH. The NYC store I saw this summer wasn’t so stark. Just my opinion....

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

For me it was less “minimalist chic” and more - we just didn’t want to spend much money. That works in some venues but I expect a little more in the Mall at GH. 

I vaguely remember reading some sort of national business story months ago that said these physical Amazon stores are intended to be temporary and not necessarily long-term. I'm not 100% sure on that, but it would help explain the minimalist design.

• Like 3

Ram Realty Advisors has secured at $41.5 million construction loan from Pinnacle Bank for the 323 unit apartment complex they have planned for 3 years on 18 acres in Bellevue north of Hwy. 70 South and east of Old Hickory Blvd.  Construction Enterprises will serve as the contractor. No renderings or official name of the development yet. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/11/27/loan-fuels-florida-developers-nashville-debut.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Ram Realty, Bellevue, Nov 27, 2019, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Ram Realty, Bellevue, Nov 27, 2019, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Those densely packed blocks cry out for sidewalks! :tw_weary:

Agreed!  I love what the neighborhood has become, and I know this is likely just a symptom of it being difficult to keep up with all of the rapid development, but it is pretty astonishing that there are almost no sidewalks to speak of in that entire area.