Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Right around there there's new houses going in (blue circles), but most excitingly the site circled in red has been getting cleaned up. I live just west of the train tracks and I have students who live off of 40th, so I hope it turns out well for their families. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 10.06.20 PM.png

• Like 1

I have been watching the homes being built in the blue areas. I need to take a drive into the red zone as I cut down 40th alot as a short cut.

Thanks for the update.

Its so hard to keep track of all that is happening in Nashville now. Ten years ago it was a one man job and I was easily able to keep track of almost everything happening anywhere in town.

Now there is no neighborhood in Nashville that is untouched by the explosive growth we are seeing.

Thanks to you and to everone else for keeping us informed. I dont always say thanks to you guys but this is for all of you that keep us informed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave. (4 stories, 163 rooms) update. Prep work for cladding.

Looking  SW from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 21st Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 22nd Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from 22nd Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Murphy Ave:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking NW from 21st Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Murphy Ave:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 4.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/7/2020 at 7:03 PM, AsianintheNations said:

Minor update on this - got notification of the official public rezoning hearing (1/16 4PM at 2601 Bransford Ave). Only thing of note is that the request to rezone has been expanded to include 5301, 5305, 5307, 5309, 5311 California Ave and 5215 Centennial Blvd. Same folks as before, now CS -> MUL-A.  While I drew the outline above initially incorrectly, I do believe that the addition of the new addresses does now constitute the entirety of the area I outlined.

Justin, it is on the Planning agenda now.

Below is the proposed zoning change: Recommends approval

Proposed Zoning Mixed Use Limited-Alternative (MUL-A) is intended for a moderate intensity mixture of residential, retail, restaurant, and office uses and is designed to create walkable neighborhoods through the use of appropriate building placement and bulk standards.

• Like 2

Rochford Realty has begun exploring ideas for the approx. 1 acre site at 3808 Cleghorn Ave., on which currently resides theTokyo Japanese Steakhouse and large surface lot.  The restaurant is not planning to renew their lease this year. This is a prime spot zoned for up to 10 stories for a substantial mixed use project.

More behind the NashvillePost paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21109929/redevelopment-options-eyed-for-green-hills-site

3808 Cleghorn, Rochford Realty, Jan 13, 2020, site map.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

The former Sun Trust Bank building at Green Hills Mall (now owned by GBT) is about to come down. Still no announcement on what will go on this lot.

Looking west from Hillsboro Rd., 1/2 block north of Abbott Martin Rd:

GBT Hillsboro Rd, Jan 12, 2020.jpg

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3705368?page=2&searchText=3811 hillsboro pike&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber ASC

I think it's going to be a Chase Bank branch

• Like 4

The state is selling (by sealed bid) a 6 acre site with 12 buildings at 3411 Belmont Blvd, near the NW corner of the intersection of Belmont Blvd. and Woodmont Blvd.  The oldest structure on the lot is The Yellow House, which was erected in 1920. Most of the buildings (some built as late as 1977) are in disrepair. An offering memo states, “The buildings are set up for institutional use [and] consist of administrative buildings, residences (both dorms and duplexes), classrooms, a gymnasium and storage buildings."

It would seem that a developer would raze the structures and build a residential project.  Hopefully there would be a way to at least incorporate TheYellow House.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21110098/state-to-take-bids-on-green-hills-properties

3411 Belmont Blvd, Jan 13, 2020, site.png

3411 Belmont Blvd, Jan 13, 2020, site map.png

3411 Belmont Blvd, Jan 13, 2020, site map 2.png

• Like 1

The other hotel planned for One Bellevue Place will be a Fairfield Inn and Suites (4 stories, no number of rooms announced). The 4 acre parcel is at 7636 Hwy. 70 south.  Brooker Construction will be the contractor, and a $6.2 million permit has been issued to get underway.   No rendering yet.

More behind The Nashville Post Paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21110425/fairfield-inn-set-for-one-bellevue-place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I should allow someone who knows more about this one to post, but I'm interested to know how this project Solis L&L Market Place at Charlotte and 39th in Sylvan Park will 'straddle I-40'. The pictures with the article provide no information about what is shown, but does this project intend to build a walkway over I-40? One of the pictures shows a parking garage with a catwalk to somewhere. No captions!   https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21110865/apartment-building-eyed-for-sylvan-heights-site

Solis main.png

Screen_Shot_2020_01_16_at_11.59.46_AM.5e20a5eaa399c.jpg

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Price Development has released renderings for their 5 story, 322 ap. complex which will be called 3800 Charlotte in the 4.4 acre site. It is immediately to the east of the Solis L&L Marketplace announced earlier today.  HEDK is the architect.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21111107/image-released-for-proposed-west-side-project

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 5.04.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 5.05.03 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the project highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

3800 Charlotte, Price Development, Jan 17, 2020, site map.png

• Like 2

I was not sure when William was going to have those renderings for 3800 out there. We were hoping for better rendering but the ones on Development Tracker was all we could come up with.

Just an FYI here. It has been busy as hell the first few weeks of the year. Busier than we have ever seen it.  One thing that is concerning is the water sewer permitting fees have gone up 350%, so this will hurt a lot of small developers and the Nashville Fire Dept. Has come out with new rules that further hurt development. 

So with the Cooper administration backing off on incentives with the above actions, development may be hurt severely over the next year.

• Like 1