Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the Lady Byrd Hat Building this afternoon, and there was a Vistas 'Open House' going on. I met a very nice lady, and we spoke of Vistas and area developments for a while. Occupancy is expected May into June, with full occupancy by July. On the Canal Level, there will be a fitness center, and two openings for future tenants(yet to be determined). From the Virginia Street Level, there's the Lobby, and 5 floors of covered parking. Above the parking, there are 12 floors of residences.

They also had a neat model of Vistas...here are a few pictures...

DSC08974.jpg

DSC08975.jpg

DSC08976.jpg

DSC08977.jpg

DSC08979.jpg

DSC08978.jpg

Well, surprise of surprises!! I'm watching at this moment a motor craft of perhaps 30 feet moving upstream in the James and it is very close to the tip of Mayo's Island.

I hope someone will listen to me and truly investigate inaugerating a fleet of low-draft tour boats to navigate this stretch of the river that would provide excellent skyline views.

Gotta rush back to see where the boat is now. :)

The boat seems to have stopped about a football field off the tip of Mayo. Best view is on the canal sight rather than river. scroll right and close up. Hurry. It may go away any minute.

Rats! The web cam is busy. I'll check it again in a few minutes.

It's heading downstream now. I really enjoyed watching. :)

Archived