The Plaza

Tim3167

I second on the statue - very cool.

The metal braces between the columns on the second floor - are those supposed to be some sort of architectural feature, or are they to be used as backing for posters/billboards? I'm hoping for the latter, as that could be a very cool effect.

I wished they had used date palms or something slightly more grand, rather than what are those? Windmill palms? A minor complaint, but, they stick out...

the tampa-residing moderator from skyscrapercity apparently sees the necessity to focus on the bad in response to these pix that Tim posted over there as well. he can kiss my a##.

I read his post, I disagree with your assessment. I agree with Jasonhouse that this building, architecturally, is nothing special. However, it is MAJOR density and that is what counts.

I'm not sure exactly what a "mall person" is. I suppose on those rare occasions that I go to a mall, I'm a "mall person" up until the point at which I leave the mall. Then I'm a..... "car person"?

BTW.... would Millenia Mall people be looked down one's nose at as "simple mall people" too? Or is there another category for them?

Just curious. <_<

I'm just saying that the kind of people you meet in the mall are different than those that you run into downtown. It's a generalization, but it is noticeble if you contrast the experiences you have talking with people downtown to striking up conversation with someone in a store in the mall.

I read his post, I disagree with your assessment. I agree with Jasonhouse that this building, architecturally, is nothing special. However, it is MAJOR density and that is what counts.

There's a reason why a lot of us over here don't post at SSC anymore-- let's keep all that SSC discussion on the other board.

I'm just saying that the kind of people you meet in the mall are different than those that you run into downtown. It's a generalization, but it is noticeble if you contrast the experiences you have talking with people downtown to striking up conversation with someone in a store in the mall.

My mother told me not to talk to stranger, esepcially in the mall, unless they are cute. :P

This statement can be summed up by saying that the average age of a mallgoer is 16.

I have to respectfully disagree.I live downtown but shop at the mall. Where else are we supposed to shop? When the same kind of stores open up downtown I will stop shopping at the mall and probably so will others.

Private grand opening celebration.

Fundraiser benefiting a charity and soft grand opening celebration on the office deck (in between the 3 towers). The views are plain crazy from the deck, and the buildings are quite nice. The office deck looks down onto the Solaire pool deck. Kuhn paid the City back early on the parking garage loan. The party was pretty hot, but a little too exclusive; the crowd was a bit sparse and too old.

1. SSC: ok, maybe I was a little harsh in my assessment...

2. Whitney Houston-- I don't get the reference, but it's funny nonetheless.

3. PTP private bash on Sat: My sis was a guest; red carpet; future theme; stilt-walkers; aliens; ice-carved liquor bars; Kuhn handing Dyer a check for like $11M or $14M for effect; no pix, only her epistle.

Fundraiser benefiting a charity and soft grand opening celebration on the office deck (in between the 3 towers). The views are plain crazy from the deck, and the buildings are quite nice. The office deck looks down onto the Solaire pool deck. Kuhn paid the City back early on the parking garage loan. The party was pretty hot, but a little too exclusive; the crowd was a bit sparse and too old.

Does anyone know when the movie theatre opens in the PTP, i would love to know ill be able to walk to the movies, how exciting :yahoo: or is the movie theatre a rumor :huh:

1. SSC: ok, maybe I was a little harsh in my assessment...

2. Whitney Houston-- I don't get the reference, but it's funny nonetheless.

3. PTP private bash on Sat: My sis was a guest; red carpet; future theme; stilt-walkers; aliens; ice-carved liquor bars; Kuhn handing Dyer a check for like $11M or $14M for effect; no pix, only her epistle.

1. Not at all

2. I missed the reference as well

3. It was a nice event. Its a little bitter sweet in a way to see it wrapping up, but its satsfying at the same time. The stilt walkers were a bit odd with the whole alien thing but whatever, I got drunk.

Does anyone know when the movie theatre opens in the PTP, i would love to know ill be able to walk to the movies, how exciting :yahoo: or is the movie theatre a rumor :huh:

No rumor, just a little set back. They cant seem to decide whom they would lke to build the theaters for them. I think they finally worked it out and they are currently under construction. Dont know the timeframe though, sorry. Im walking Solaire this week, if I can find time. I'll bring a camera and snag some pictures of the theater just for you ;)

No rumor, just a little set back. They cant seem to decide whom they would lke to build the theaters for them. I think they finally worked it out and they are currently under construction. Dont know the timeframe though, sorry. Im walking Solaire this week, if I can find time. I'll bring a camera and snag some pictures of the theater just for you ;)

I just got back from Kuhn's penthouse and the lofts right above. very nice digs. TT's lot looks very small from that height. And in the words of Ferris Beuler: "anything looks small from 1,353 feet..." In our case, subtract 1,000 feet from that figure.

I just got back from Kuhn's penthouse and the lofts right above. very nice digs. TT's lot looks very small from that height. And in the words of Ferris Beuler: "anything looks small from 1,353 feet..." In our case, subtract 1,000 feet from that figure.

How do I get an invite to Kuhn's penthouse?

Its a pretty sweet view from up there. Did the plumber instal the toilets yet? I was going to help myself to the facilities later this week.