The Plaza

Tim3167

The last I had checked there was a bit of lighting on solaire. Much of it was in the crown and was planned to mimmick north/south towers. That said I haven't been involved with design in a while, for all I know they could have V.E.'d it right out of the budget (but I doubt it). I think as we get closer to the New Year they'll turn them on.

You're right, the 2 business towers do have lighting on them. I didnt know if they had anything planned for the residential part. I only saw it from the interstate, so there may have been more that I didnt see. Thanks though.

I went inside the Plaza Parking garage last night and walked around the courtyard, it looks nice the parking garage stairwell has recently had cement poured on every floor for some support beams. It looks as if it was needed for some reason not planned for originally. It doesnt surprise me after being in the tower during construction and talking with a project manager while it was being built. There were many flaws with the construction, when i was in it the connections between the columns and beams were crumbling in some places.

I went inside the Plaza Parking garage last night and walked around the courtyard, it looks nice the parking garage stairwell has recently had cement poured on every floor for some support beams. It looks as if it was needed for some reason not planned for originally. It doesnt surprise me after being in the tower during construction and talking with a project manager while it was being built. There were many flaws with the construction, when i was in it the connections between the columns and beams were crumbling in some places.

That's a little scary. A little won't hurt, but I think I've been told if you can see the rebar in the concrete then that's when you start to worry.

How much does it cost to park in there, do you remember?

It was 10$ at least that is what the sign outside downstairs said, however there was another sign up in the garage that i saw that said 5$ a day so...im going with 10$ b/c that one was outside downstairs.

That's a little scary. A little won't hurt, but I think I've been told if you can see the rebar in the concrete then that's when you start to worry.

How much does it cost to park in there, do you remember?

Sorry to report - I was with a relator yesterday - he got his third call since the announcement - people trying to decide if they should close or if they should just walk away from their deposit --- thinking there may be more builder units available soon...

Why would anyone walk away from their deposit? The people who originally reserved them got them for dirt cheap......

Sorry to report - I was with a relator yesterday - he got his third call since the announcement - people trying to decide if they should close or if they should just walk away from their deposit --- thinking there may be more builder units available soon...

Send me a message with anyone's info that wants out. I will pay their closing costs and do a simoultaneous closing for their unit. Realtors get tons of calls each week for people that want in. Doesnt make sense for someone to walk away from their unit.

12/16/2006

Think this is going to be my last monthly update on this project. Thought it would be fun to start with the first post I made on this project from over at SSP, followed by the latest pics.

From 10/17/2004

A critical redevelopment of a key downtown Orlando block has begun. I wanted to start a thread specifically for tracking the progress of this project.

Not real sure of the final heights of the 3 towers included. Two include commercial condo space and there is a residential tower on top of a parking garage. A 12 screen movie theatre complex is also included.

Some reports have the office towers at 12 & 17 stories with the residential tower at 22 stories.

There was some initial info that the office towers would be 17 and 21 stories with the residential tower being 26 stories on top of 10 stories of parking.

Here is a link to the website

http://www.plazaorlando.com/

Initial rendering

plaza3.jpg

Newer Rendering

plaza2.jpg

Pics of site from 09/16/2004

100_1672a1.jpg

100_1682a.jpg

100_1681a.jpg

Pics of site 10/17/2004

100_1790a.jpg

100_1793a.jpg

100_1794a.jpg

Latest Pics

dsc5323edited1ei0.jpg

dsc5364edited1al5.jpg

dsc5377edited1bu4.jpg

dsc5461edited1tm6.jpg

dsc5466edited1yt2.jpg

OK, WTF!, my unit (1315) is listed for sale on this site and I NEVER gave anyone permission to sell my unit! Lawyer time!

that is very messed up my friend....solaire sent out a email blast today about the website and asking people that are really interested in contacting them directly....are you planning on living here or are you a investor?

that is very messed up my friend....solaire sent out a email blast today about the website and asking people that are really interested in contacting them directly....are you planning on living here or are you a investor?

I'm both. I am not sure if I am going to keep the Solaire unit for myself or my 55W unit. The other unit will be rented out. I own other property downtown too.