The Plaza

Tim3167

I like the more recent example of the overbuilding of gas stations. Now we've got underground tanks and huge paved corners at every major intersection. I always there was a public safety/health reason to regulate those.

But I don't see how someone can say they are for the 'free market', BUT they think people don't have the right to invest or 'charge too much' for whatever they own/produce. If they don't have that right, what is the point? The market should correct that.

I totally agree, and i would say that banks are being built to much now, it seems everywhere i go they are putting in a 5th/3rd, fairwinds, amsouth or whatever other banks there are on every corner. At least those arent a health threat.

• 2 weeks later...

How can someone mix cigar with food?

that list is pretty weak except the cinema.

I can't exactly speak to the overall list of retailers, but it looks like a relatively decent collection of local businesses. In the long run, the local small businesses are what will give the Orlando area a unique identity. Who knows maybe one of these firms will be the next Red Lobster...

What kind of food?

From the web:

Bola is an upscale Italian restaurant. It mixes contemporary trends with traditional Italian flare. Bola's glass encased wine vault is displaying over 2000 wines from the finest vineyards around the world. Bola offers 2 private dining areas, a full bar and plush lounge with live nightly entertainment.

http://www.bolaristorante.com/

Edited by i_cre8

That list caters to a lot of different markets and should keep people frequenting The Plaza at most hours of the day. Sorry if it doesn't feature your Abercrombie and Fitch.

I have to agree I think the list is pretty nicely mixed. I'd love to see something like an ESPN Zone or Fox Sports Bar Downtown around this area; especially with the new arena going right down the street...I think Hooters should also re-open (Not a big Hooters fan but the downtown Hooters had nice atmosphere)

I have to agree I think the list is pretty nicely mixed. I'd love to see something like an ESPN Zone or Fox Sports Bar Downtown around this area; especially with the new arena going right down the street...I think Hooters should also re-open (Not a big Hooters fan but the downtown Hooters had nice atmosphere)

With EA coming downtown an EA Sports Bar would be nice.

As for an ESPN Zone, Disney Quest at Downtown Disney's Westside is rumored to be converted to an ESPN Zone, closing the ESPN Club at Disney's Boardwalk.

Really? I've been to Disney Quest several times and it was always PACKED. Kind of to the point it wasn't even fun (as it is with all of our fair themeparks.)

DQ does have some cool stuff, but the capacity sucks, to be blunt. I think an ESPN zone would be more feasible.