North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so RT have u tried the new molina's mexican eatery or whatever it's called. the other day when i was at the wal mart i saw it is finally opened at the shops of TR.

No, I've not been there (yet). I do intend to take advantage of Great Clip's $2.99 haircut sale and Wal-Mart's $1.93 gasoline though. :thumbsup:

Nice article in the G'ville Snooz today about student enrollment growth at North Greenville University, including this quote, which says a lot about the school's efforts to improve quality of life in the northern quarter of the county:

Student enrollment is also expected to be greatly affected by the planned Village at Tigerville.

The Billingsly Theatre and the Eddie Runion Creative Arts Building will anchor The Village near State 414 and State 253. Those facilities will be housed in the old Tigerville Elementary School and the historic Roe building.

The Village will also have a bank, coffeehouse, sandwich shop and deli, commercial shops, student lofts, faculty condos, a pavilion, a bakery, parking and more. A fund-raiser will be held next month.

http://www.greenvillenews.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../609250306/1004

• 4 weeks later...

Article from Greenville online - http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...EWS01/610220343

Article is about TR upgrading the sewer system on 25, but saw this update as well -

Fridy, president of Magnolia Properties Inc., plans to raze the old Emb-Tex plant on U.S. 25 in early 2007 and replace it with as much as 100,000 square feet of retail space and outparcels.

Have any of you guys heard anything about the KFC that was supposed to be at the corner of 291, and Furman Hall Rd. Back when I was working on the KFC in T.R., I had the drawings and the building was supposed to start in two or three weeks. But, was put on hold because they were'nt sure if it was going to include a taco bell like the one in T.R. The RealityLink website still shows the building, but it's not labeled with the name like the rest of them.

Travelers Rest retreat Saturday to focus on downtown

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...343/1004/NEWS01

The purpose of the retreat is to discuss the city's conceptual master plan for the U.S. 276 corridor, which is also the city's Main Street/downtown area.

No action or vote will be taken by the council at the retreat, which is open to the public.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...332/1004/NEWS01

Today's article has more info on some of the downtown TR redevelopment proposals -

The plan proposes realigning Buncombe Road to create an open space park with a children's spray area in the heart of downtown. It also looks at reducing the lane widths on Main Street to create one of three different streetscape options.

A downtown square master plan is part of the proposal. This phase realigns Poinsett Highway to Church Street and ties the new road to Poinsett Highway and State Park Road.

According to the plan, this phase has a new city hall or municipal complex at the front of the intersection, with a public amphitheater and parking at the rear of the square and two historic monuments at each end of the building.

The proposed Travelers Rest Redevelopment Master Plan looks AWESOME!

It's on display in the lobby of City Hall; however, you can also pick up a copy from the City Clerk's window. I've also requested that they obtain a .pdf of the document from the LandPlan Group and post it on their web site, but for now, here's a 4-part scanned-in .jpg copy:

292396557_c424141dc8_b.jpg292396568_a45d816b54_b.jpg

292396550_9fc31f335a_b.jpg292396562_af27aef38a_b.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Anyone know if a book store like Barnes and Noble is going up at Cherrydale phase 2? One of the new buildings under construction looks a lot like a B&N. I hope so. If that would be the case that would be one less reason I would have to drive on Haywood or Woodruff Road. An electronics or computer store would be nice too. If that happened I would pretty much stay put in the Northern part of the county.

Anyone know if a book store like Barnes and Noble is going up at Cherrydale phase 2? One of the new buildings under construction looks a lot like a B&N. I hope so. If that would be the case that would be one less reason I would have to drive on Haywood or Woodruff Road. An electronics or computer store would be nice too. If that happened I would pretty much stay put in the Northern part of the county.

Archived