North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

It's of little significance, but I noticed signs on Little Texas Road (across from CVS) this morning as I was running out to get cat food...Walgreen's is getting ready to build a store across from CVS in Travelers Rest. Yay! Another Pharmacy! :wacko: Oh well, if it means competitive pricing, that's a benefit, I guess.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's of little significance, but I noticed signs on Little Texas Road (across from CVS) this morning as I was running out to get cat food...Walgreen's is getting ready to build a store across from CVS in Travelers Rest. Yay! Another Pharmacy! :wacko: Oh well, if it means competitive pricing, that's a benefit, I guess.

Yeah. Just one block over on State Park Road is the Eckerds and in the middle you have the Wal-Mart Pharmacy. Let's don't forget the Eckerds debacle on Main Street in Travelers Rest. They built a perfectly good building and then abandoned it to build the one at the corner of 25 and State Park. Oh well, at least McKlesky-Todd has a nice new building over there.

Yeah. Just one block over on State Park Road is the Eckerds and in the middle you have the Wal-Mart Pharmacy. Let's don't forget the Eckerds debacle on Main Street in Travelers Rest. They built a perfectly good building and then abandoned it to build the one at the corner of 25 and State Park. Oh well, at least McKlesky-Todd has a nice new building over there.

I'll have to take a closer look at it, thanks! All I noticed was the Walgreens', "The Paradise Group," and "Outparcels Available." I didn't look at it beyond that. Would be interesting to have another shopping center located there, especially considering the T.R. Crossing that will soon be going in across the highway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Travelers Rest expecting Project Apple news in fall

City officials say company is still planning to bring HQ, jobs to town

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...INESS/704200344

Mayor Roy Reynolds said Project Apple involves a company that plans to move its North American headquarters to the city. He said the project "is going to be big. It's going to impact the whole area."

According to county records, "the corporation will acquire, or purchase, certain land, buildings, furnishings, fixtures, apparati, and equipment in connection with the expansion of its manufacturing facility, the relocation and expansion of a research and development facility and the relocation of a regional corporate headquarters to Greenville County."

I'm going to play the simpleton here and ask the obvious question. Could this have anything to do with Apple Computer or one of their third party associates? I realize Apple is based in Cupertino, CA but still it could mean something.

Also what about something having to do with the actual fruit growing industry as a lot of Apple growing is done in the industry. Does any of the local apple growers ship their produce to companies like Motts, etc?

I'm going to play the simpleton here and ask the obvious question. Could this have anything to do with Apple Computer or one of their third party associates? I realize Apple is based in Cupertino, CA but still it could mean something.

Also what about something having to do with the actual fruit growing industry as a lot of Apple growing is done in the industry. Does any of the local apple growers ship their produce to companies like Motts, etc?

My guess is that 'Project Apple' has to do with the 'Big Apple' from this line...

The Greenville County Council also authorized an "inducement agreement and millage rate agreement" with a "New York Corporation."

Anyone know of an international company with ties to New York, looking around here?

The company also had expansion plans for its plant in Europe. Gracely said company officials found a building in Europe that met all their needs and have moved on that project first.

Archived