North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would tend to agree with you. I'd much rather see this site laid out like the Easton Market Place in Spartanburg. There's still a lot asphault, but there's a lot of green, too.

These environmental concerns are very similar to the ones that were brought up when Lowes proposed their store on Poinsett Highway, so they're nothing that can't be overcome, I'm sure.

Incidentally, aside from Target and Kohl's, there's another pretty sizeable anchor on that site plan. Could it possibly be another Whole Foods? Perhaps a Fresh Market (although they're typically small)? Perhaps something else? Just speculation on my part...

The CAP site is a matter of time for something to go up. It will be a great addition to its immediate area.

I would like to see some improvements with immediate roads, such as improving Old Buncombe Road to four lanes and traffic signals for its on/off ramps.

Incidentally, aside from Target and Kohl's, there's another pretty sizeable anchor on that site plan. Could it possibly be another Whole Foods? Perhaps a Fresh Market (although they're typically small)? Perhaps something else? Just speculation on my part...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Couple of TR updates...

The sign for Travelers Rest Crossing shopping center has been removed from in front of the old Emb-Tex plant. I wonder if this is finally going to get started or maybe in some way part of Project Apple?

The Outrageous Outlets building near Wal-Mart that has a sign for a new Walgreens, now has a new sign stating the firm that will be doing the demolition of the existing building. There are several pieces of heavy equipment on site ready to get started.

With the delay of Travelers Rest Crossing, I fear its plans fell out. The former plant and vacant Ingle's continue to fall into disrepair. It is a decent site to land some retail and eateries, but someone else may have a better use.

For "Project Apple", could they look to locate up near Tigerville Road where most industrial firms are currently located?

Not sure if I like it too much, but it will depend on how effectively the brand is marketed. In my opinion, TR has a very long way to go before it will be able to claim itself as the "starting point." Right now, and probably for most of our lives, downtown Greenville is and will be the true starting point for adventure. That is not to say that TR can't create the image they hope to claim. I would love to see the town become more of a destination than it is (only Sunrift Adventures currently), but there will need to be lots of work to make it happen. TR needs a unique hotel/resort to make people want to stay there. The name is unique already, but what makes a traveler want to actually stay there and rest right now?

I agree with Skyliner about TR needing a unique hotel....point of interest.....something other than Sunrift. That said, though, I do like the TR logo they showed. :thumbsup: Travelers Rest is in such a perfect spot......close to Greenville, the mountains, Hendersonville, Flat Rock, Asheville.....TR just needs to find their thing. Maybe they could look to Flat Rock.....that little town really found it's niche! :thumbsup:

I agree with Skyliner about TR needing a unique hotel....point of interest.....something other than Sunrift. That said, though, I do like the TR logo they showed. :thumbsup: Travelers Rest is in such a perfect spot......close to Greenville, the mountains, Hendersonville, Flat Rock, Asheville.....TR just needs to find their thing. Maybe they could look to Flat Rock.....that little town really found it's niche! :thumbsup:

I've been thinking for a long time now about a place called, "The Rested Traveler Inn." What do you all think? It is so original that one could be called a genius for thinking up the title. :lol: Okay, maybe not, but one person we know could lay claim to that title and really create the ideal image TR has been missing for many decades. I imagine something along the line of Old Edwards Inn in Highlands, NC, though less exclusive. ;)

I've been thinking for a long time now about a place called, "The Rested Traveler Inn." What do you all think? It is so original that one could be called a genius for thinking up the title. :lol: Okay, maybe not, but one person we know could lay claim to that title and really create the ideal image TR has been missing for many decades. I imagine something along the line of Old Edwards Inn in Highlands, NC, though less exclusive. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived