North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

^ O'Charleys makes sense. With the amount of money on Paris Mountain, this area needs more sit down, middle of the road / upper restaurants. The only things currently in the area are Flat Rock Grill and Ruby Tuesday. This area does seem underserved in restaurants.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the first block row has been cleared to Sylvania Avenue. For something like a Trarget to come, a second block row to Orlando Avenue would require clearing. I would not doubt the possibilities of new eateries going in. Ryan's, O'Charley's, and Burger King are looking at the area.

I agree, but I think they'd have to clear out that entire area of low-income housing to put in a Target + parking lot. It would back up completely to the Villaggio. I'm sure they won't be happy after paying $500,000 for a house to get a bird's-eye view of the top of a Target. There's no way they could put in an adequate buffer given the elevation of the neighborhood.

I agree. This area would be better suited to a few restaurants.

A far better location for any possible Target is that property across Poinsett Highway from Publix, just before you reach the Furman exit.

Ditto, there is a 60 acre tract for sale that can see some use as a retail center of some kind. A possible entrance is prepared with the recent realignment and traffic signalization of University Square's entrance. The question probably remains if Target wants to locate there, closer to Cherrydale, or possibly at Traveler's Rest Crossing.

Target is not going across the street from Cherrydale. On the state park road corner there will be a Olive Garden and across the rest of that property will be mostly restaurants with a bank or two thrown in.

The 60 acrea tract at university ridge has many upsided but has been passed over many times for development due to some wet land issues. I am sure someone will make that happen at some point but I am afraid that Target will not want to hurt the wade hampton store..Yeah I know it is different markets but the miles radius is a little tight for them.

Target is not going across the street from Cherrydale. On the state park road corner there will be a Olive Garden and across the rest of that property will be mostly restaurants with a bank or two thrown in.

Now if you told me that Darden was also putting a Smokey Bones and a Bahama Breeze next to that Olive Garden, I'd be jumping for joy!

[Olive Garden takes Cherrydale area restaurants up to the next level. It will do quite well. Outback Steakhouse is around the corner.

I doubt a Target near Furman would hurt the North Hampton Market store. Both locations are quite a good distance (12 miles) apart. I think you will see some notable retailers at Cherrydale and Woodruff Road opening up locations between Taylors and Greer within the next year or so as Taylors and Greer residents do not want to make quite a drive.

• 1 month later...

You should see the property across Pleasantburg from Cherrydale. You wouldn't recognize it! Infrastructure and grading is well underway (and nearly complete on part of the property).

The new Walgreens on Poinsett Highway and West Blue Ridge Drive is almost ready to open.

The new Wal-Mart in Travelers Rest should be opening soon as well.

Prep work has begun on the outparcels at the Wal-Mart site and the development by Hughes Commercial Properties along State Park Road (near the Wal-Mart entrance) should be underway soon.

Also, demolition on the old Emb-Tex, Ingles, etc. should be underway soon to prepare for the development of Phase I of the Travelers Rest Crossing.

High School Students went back to school after the break to the new Travelers Rest High School. The old school now sits empty; however, the City of Travelers Rest has discussed acquiring the property for a possible park, recreation area, or community center.

You should see the property across Pleasantburg from Cherrydale. You wouldn't recognize it! Infrastructure and grading is well underway (and nearly complete on part of the property).

Any idea of what will open on this site? Besides the couple of restaurants mentioned above.

Any idea of what will open on this site? Besides the couple of restaurants mentioned above.

I wish I knew. I wouldn't mind it if Darden put their entire spectrum of restaurants along here though (Olive Garden, relocate their Red Lobster off of Wade Hampton, Smokey Bones, Bahama Breeze. I spoke to the manager at Smokey Bones down in Columbia/Irmo yesterday and she said there were no plans for any in Greenville. :cry:

I wish I knew. I wouldn't mind it if Darden put their entire spectrum of restaurants along here though (Olive Garden, relocate their Red Lobster off of Wade Hampton, Smokey Bones, Bahama Breeze. I spoke to the manager at Smokey Bones down in Columbia/Irmo yesterday and she said there were no plans for any in Greenville. :cry:

I think it would be crazy for them to relocate that Red Lobster, it thrives.

I think it would be crazy for them to relocate that Red Lobster, it thrives.

Believe me, Darden usually never overlooks an opportunity to take a thriving location and build a bigger restaurant (hopefully with more parking) nearby to replace the older one...then they usually introduce one of their other chains into the previous location.

A second Greenville-area Red Lobster would be more beneficial, maybe in the Woodruff Road area.

I agree. Another Red Lobster out near Laurens/Woodruff and another Olive Garden up here on this end of town would make sense. The parking situation and crowds at the current locations of both Red Lobster and Olive Garden are what keep me away at the moment.

the new wally mart in tr is having a "private viewing" on the 012506. yes you read it right a private viewing for wal mart :rolleyes:. who do they think they are neiman marcus! anywho this means it s/be open next week.

:rofl: A private viewing for what??? Tide, Comet, Miller Light, Q-Tips, lawn mowers, grills???? And who gets invited to this private viewing?? Odd.

Archived