North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh spawl.......

What is on that site now?

193696200_7d15a22096_b.jpg

And just across the highway, where KFC/Taco Bell used to be...emerges the second coming:

193696199_61e527f6f6_b.jpg

It's not much, but then again this is T.R. :lol:

On down at Cherrydale Phase II, the Golden Corral is almost ready to open and work has begun on the Olive Garden and another building (Petco?).

That is the most oddest thing i've ever seen. They tear down a KFC/Taco Bell then build a new one on the same site. Did something happen to the old one to make them rebuild it?

Did you ever try to eat at the old one? The dining area wasn't nearly as large as it should have been.

It is actually across the street from the old one, yes?

No...the new building is right behind where the old one was and the old location is now part of the enlarged parking area.

That is the most oddest thing i've ever seen. They tear down a KFC/Taco Bell then build a new one on the same site. Did something happen to the old one to make them rebuild it?

They did the same thing to the Burger King on Wade Hampton many, many years ago. Tore down the old one and built a new one right next to it. And considering the shape the "new" one is in, I think it's about time to do it again.

They did the same thing to the Burger King on Wade Hampton many, many years ago. Tore down the old one and built a new one right next to it. And considering the shape the "new" one is in, I think it's about time to do it again.

There is a Burger King on Washington Ave./Faris Road near Greenville Memorial. There was an older Burger King there that they recently tore down and replaced it with a....smaller Burger King.

I don't think it has gotten much attention on this forum, but North Greenville University is growing at an extraordinary rate. They are on a building boom and I expect before too long they should pass Furman in the size of their enrollment.

The school I think is largely absent from the consciousness of Greenville, but I think that will change over time due to its growth and leadership in that part of the northern end of the County.

I don't think it has gotten much attention on this forum, but North Greenville University is growing at an extraordinary rate. They are on a building boom and I expect before too long they should pass Furman in the size of their enrollment.

The school I think is largely absent from the consciousness of Greenville, but I think that will change over time due to its growth and leadership in that part of the northern end of the County.

YOu bring up a great point about one of Greenville's important assets. This campus has changed so much within the past ten years that it looks nothing at all like it did back then. It is a nicely packed small campus, but exploding with growth and students. The area around Tigerville has been pretty hot on the real estate market for a while as well. Look for more residential developments to continue popping up there. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing. The building got a paint job and is now grey. That's what caught my eye. I half suspect to see a coffee shop going in there (Starbucks, Port City Java, or Caribou Coffee), although it'd be right next door to Atlanta Bread Company. :unsure: The folks at Port City Java on Mills tell me that their location at the Field House at West End will be opening in a couple of months and that they're already working on it. They also tell me that there are two more locations coming soon to the area and maybe one of them is in Northern Greenville (they wouldn't confirm). Maybe it's just wishfull thinking on my part. Somebody's missing out on the coffee consumers in this end of the county (other than Leopard Forest). Whomever establishes themselves here first will no doubt win. I'll keep an eye on that space to see what becomes of it.

I thought it factual, but I know that is not that case now. There is a Starbucks on the site plan for the Realty Link project accross from Cherrydale where they are building the Golden Corral. So obvisouly I heard wrong, or things changed.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it factual, but I know that is not that case now. There is a Starbucks on the site plan for the Realty Link project accross from Cherrydale where they are building the Golden Corral. So obvisouly I heard wrong, or things changed.

Thanks, btoy! At least there will be one nearer. I'm still dropping hints at Port City Java every time I go there, too. I'd really prefer to see them in or near Cherrydale, but I'll take Starbucks.

• 3 weeks later...

i wonder what is going on with the old fazoli's at cherrydale? i noticed yesterday some work is being done on it and the "for sale" sign appears to be gone.

Frodo's Pizza has moved into the old Fazoli's at Cherrydale they used to be in the strip of stores facing the other direction towards the theater. I beleive a mexican resteruant is moving into the old Frodo's location next to Anytime Fitness.

Frodo's Pizza has moved into the old Fazoli's at Cherrydale they used to be in the strip of stores facing the other direction towards the theater. I beleive a mexican resteruant is moving into the old Frodo's location next to Anytime Fitness.

Thanks! My little girl told me the same thing, but I didn't think she knew what she was talking about, but now that you've corroborated her story, I must apologize to her.

• 2 weeks later...

Travelers Rest redevelopment gets road map $12 million plan excites, worries businesses - This is the headline for an article in the current edition of GSABusiness Journal. The story is rather interesting and goes into detail about the new master plan that has been unveiled for further review by City Council. I would really love to see this thing happen! :)

Read more here and pick up your copy for complete articles.

^^^ I'd love to see something happen here and I'm confident that the suggestions made by both the Land Plan Group South and Arnett Muldrow & Associates, as well as recommendations/feedback provided by the City and the City Council during next month's special session can be assimilated into something that will, in fact, happen. :)

T.R. is unique for a city its size because it is skirted by two major U.S. Highways (25 and 276) and what should really be considered the Central Business District, doesn't get much traffice outside of local residents...most people just zoom right on by as T.R. isn't their final destination. This is the biggest challenge; however, I'm confident this challenge will be effectively met when all said and done. :thumbsup:

a friend of mine was telling me that the numbers at the tr wal mart r not what they had hoped. she drives from easley to shop there due to the lack of crowds. i have to say from my own experience i can easily get in and out due to the lack of crowds which i LOVE!! that being said it may be quite a while before we c a target in tr. i could be wrong though (which i usually am).

Wal-Mart's busi-ness really all depends on when you go. I've gone in there at midnight just this past week to find it teeming with Furman students. I've gone in there on weekends to find it teeming with, well, uh, customers. I've gone in there early in the morning (before 8:00am) after dropping my kid off at school to find it virtually empty. I'm sure they're doing just fine, especially considering the holiday crowds that will be coming soon.

Archived