North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

Getting back to the new development going in in Travelers Rest along Highway 25 near the new Wal-Mart...

Is it Mrs. Salsa? There is one of those opening at the strip mall at the Greer Wal-Mart and one at the new strip mall at Wade Hampton and St. Marks in Taylors.

If I read the sign correctly, it's called "Molina's." There's going to be a Cingular Wireless in there with that holy trinity of tanning/nails/hair, too.

The old Kentucky Fried Taco Kitchen has been razed. The new building is starting to go up. I'm surprised they closed one before finishing the other. :blink: Good thing I wasn't in the mood for Taco Bell today. :rofl:

Work hasn't yet begun on razing the buildings where Travelers Rest Crossing is going to be built. That should be beginning soon.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelers Rest Catalyst:

138711590_ddf71fd636.jpg

Amazingly enough, this store has been open for a few months now and is nearly spotless inside! It's orderly, well-stocked, clean, and un-cluttered...a complete about-face from most Wal-Marts.

Exciting things are starting to happen all around Wal-Mart, too, with hints of more to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, if I am going over that way, I would rather have a steak at the Peddlar. Oh yeah, I had one last night. yum.

So what do you guys think about Carilion, the Randolph Group's new development near Green Valley?

Their website is trgcommunities.com

So what do you guys think about Carilion, the Randolph Group's new development near Green Valley?

Their website is trgcommunities.com

That's so uncanny. I drove out through there just about 30 minutes ago. It backs up to Churchill Falls, I was surprised to see. It's rather large, indeed. It's going to be a very, very nice community.

The web site for Carilion is actually http://www.carilioncommunity.com/.

I like the look of the architecture they are using. Timeless. TRG made a mistake, IMHO, when developing Verdmont by letting in a production builder. The character that is apparent in half of that neighborhood, is sorely lacking in the other half. Looks like they won't repeat that decision at Carilion

I like the look of the architecture they are using. Timeless. TRG made a mistake, IMHO, when developing Verdmont by letting in a production builder. The character that is apparent in half of that neighborhood, is sorely lacking in the other half. Looks like they won't repeat that decision at Carilion

It really depends on who that production builder is, I believe. For example, Lazarus Shouse offers plans and elevations that would fit in very nicely at either Verdmont or Carilion. Just take a look at LS's Boxwood community off of Highway 14. KB Homes was a bit of a mistake for Verdmont, I would agree.

The homes in Boxwood (and Tuscan Woods, same plans) are too close in price point to some of the more custom homes at Verdmont, ie $300K+. I imagine they wanted to spread the prices across the board a little more to appeal to a larger market. However, I agree, it was a mistake.

Carilion reminds me more of what they did with Redfearn in Simpsonville.

Having Quinn and Satterfield build the low end in Carilion was a move in the right direction. The homes will be more fitting with the overall character of the neighborhood.

This subdivision is probably the closest to what I would do, were I a developer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea, I'm not sure if I ever explicitly said that Darden was building one at Cherrydale, but I know I hinted at it a bunch. :ph34r: I'm still surprised they don't build a Smokey Bones and/or move their Red Lobster over there too. That's typically what Darden does (i.e. cluster their restaurants together). ;)

Ahh spawl.......

What is on that site now?

umm...dirt and bricks with a wal-mart next to it. :lol:

On with the positive progression! :D

At least it looks nicer than many strip malls in the area, plus the tenants include restaurants which typically thrive around here. Good to see more growth in TR. :thumbsup:

Actually, this very shopping center is on that site now and Great Clips should already be open by now. :P I wouldn't be surprised if nearly everything is open by the time I return home.

I'll take and post a photo sometime after I get home.

Archived