North Greenville Development News

RestedTraveler

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey! Travelers Rest is getting a new KFC! :blink: Right behind the old Kentucky Fried Taco Chicken Bell. I wonder what they've got planned (if anything) for the old location... :unsure:

I thought they were simply renovating the old KFC/Taco Bell... or is this something different?

I thought they were simply renovating the old KFC/Taco Bell... or is this something different?

Well, the hosue that was behind the old KFC/Taco Bell has been demolished and the property has been built up and a retaining wall put all around it, so unless something else is being done on that propertly, it seems to be where KFC is heading. There's a sign out on the corner that says "Future Home Of...KFC," too, rather than "Pardon our Dust...," so I put 2+2 together. That doesn't mean I didn't arrive at 5 though. :lol:

Exactly. I've heard that there's going to be a Moe's and a Firehouse Subs opening up at the foot of the hill at Wal-Mart too! We've hit the big-time here in T.R. :rofl:

Moe's? Man, TR has hit the big-time indeed! :D I'll be able to stop for a margarita lunch on the way back from Asheville. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, not much, but my wife tells me that the strip center that is being built behind Burger King is NOT going ot have a Moe's...it's some other restaurant along those lines though. There's going to be the holy trinity of Upstate South Carolina strip mall shops there, too: A Hair Salon, A Nail Salon, and a Tanning Salon. :rolleyes:

We've already got a few of those, one of which is VERY GOOD (T.R.'s Oriental). It's popular with the locals and the Furman crowd. :thumbsup:

Although I've never been, I can't get it out of my head that the place used to be called "El Paso de TR".

Archived