CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

I'm hearing "rumblings" that there are a couple of new announcements for Millenium within the next couple of weeks. I don't know any details (but I'm trying to find out). Anybody else hearing these rumblings?

OooooooOOOOOooooh! I hope this means more jobs!!! :) Thanks for passing the "rumblings" on... I'm intrigued.

Well I don't believe any sort of announcement will be made on THIS rumor but I could be wrong. I do know that a certain non-government funded hospital system that's namesake enjoys the company and caretaking of animals is in talks with multinational conglomarates to provide wellness services. ***Puts Thesaurus Away*** Sorry about the words, I was told not to talk about it ...

Well I don't believe any sort of announcement will be made on THIS rumor but I could be wrong. I do know that a certain non-government funded hospital system that's namesake enjoys the company and caretaking of animals is in talks with multinational conglomarates to provide wellness services. ***Puts Thesaurus Away*** Sorry about the words, I was told not to talk about it ...

:rofl:

Did yall read the Greenville News article about ICAR? A group is calling it pork barrel spending and a waste of tax payers' dollars. I got mad and stopped reading it :D .

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure how they can say that, becuase it's going to be working on something that the United States as a whole needs! Alternative fuel and such. YEA, that's a national matter that the NATIONAL govt should address, so them giving money to this is promoting development in one place in the US, BUT it's development that's "driving us into the future"... ugh.

Pork barrel in a way, BUT it's in the best interest of the nation. I could see it being considered a waste if it was to build Verdae (bad example, but you get the idea, that's a Greenville project, ICAR is on a national level).

Ok, my rant is over. :ph34r:

Maybe the Governor has gotten into the minds of some people around here. :offtopic:

There have always been naysayers before the greatest inventions and developments in history, so this shouldn't scare any of us. The outlook is only positive for this development and each of the other innovative research projects taking shape around the state. :thumbsup:

Did yall read the Greenville News article about ICAR? A group is calling it pork barrel spending and a waste of tax payers' dollars. I got mad and stopped reading it :D .

I think the study only looked at the way the money was allocated, not necessarily the use of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Very good update pic: Go to http://www.pazdan-smith.com/, click on "portfolio" on the left hand side of the page and click on "commercial use" under categories, then click on "Clemson University ICAR-Collaboration 3", and click on the second pic.

I found it under "commercial office" instead of "commercial use." Thanks for the the pointer, g-man! :thumbsup: I found something else cool on that site, but I'll post it in another thread.

It looks as if from looking at that pic, construction has just started on the new parking garage that is going to be located right next to Timken. Also, they said groundbreaking was to take place in April for it, so they seem to be right on track. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

A small photo update. 4 structures are either built or under construction:

Timken building:

CIMG5286.jpg

Foundation / first floor construction of either another office building or the first parking deck, not sure which:

CIMG5287.jpg

Graduate School going up:

CIMG5288.jpg

BMW:

CIMG5289.jpg

CIMG5285.jpg

Those are great. That second pic you took gsupstate is the parking garage going up. I took some pics today too. I was suprised to find them working on the site today, seeing how it was Mother's Day and a Sunday too. Here are mine, which look pretty much the same:

Pictures157.jpg

Pictures158.jpg

Pictures159.jpg

Pictures160.jpg

Pictures161.jpg

Pictures162.jpg

Pictures163.jpg

Pictures164.jpg

Pictures165.jpg

Pictures166.jpg