CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

Drove through ICAR and Millenium Campus today and man is it getting impressive. That large crane you see right next to the BMW IRTC building is for the Graduate Center, so we should the building go up pretty soon. Also, I never realized how well you could see the Timken Building and Hubbell from I-85, especially heading northbound until now. :thumbsup:

Edited by g-man430

Well the structure in the photo above certainly is not a parking garage because the floors are much too tall, and not efficiently built for such. Most, if not all garages these days are built with precast concrete which is reinforced with steel rebar. The buildings being built which were mentioned by a report on WYFF this week are Timken and the Clemson graduate building.

Well the structure in the photo above certainly is not a parking garage because the floors are much too tall, and not efficiently built for such. Most, if not all garages these days are built with precast concrete which is reinforced with steel rebar. The buildings being built which were mentioned by a report on WYFF this week are Timken and the Clemson graduate building.

Also, the parking garages are going to be 5 and 6 levels.

The more I study the site plan and think about where this is in relation to the BMW IT Building, I think you're right. This is definitely the Timken Building. The pilings for the Clemson Grad School are just starting to go in off to the right just North of the BMW IT Building. The empty dirt parking lots that are there now is where these other two buildings will be once the parking facility is constructed.

I've added some labels to the site plan that gsupstate posted:

sectorplan.jpg

Edited by RestedTraveler

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed while driving on I-85 southbound today going by ICAR, the foundation has been layed and construction has begun on the first floor of the Carroll A. Campbell Jr. Graduate Engineering Center, kind of like what they've done so far with the Terrace at Riverplace. :thumbsup: