CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

"strumming Clemson like a redneck guitar"

:rofl: Yeah, stop whining. Florida developer.. that says it all. Florida developers are ruining the quality of life here for people and therein shooting themselves in the foot. (Okay, rant over.)

My redneck Telecaster is worth twice what I paid for it two years ago. :silly:

• 2 weeks later...

I have no knowlege of the case other than what has been in the papers and in the news and the whole thing stinks, and I hate to say this but I believe that Rosen has a case.

If you ask me I believe that the majority of the fault should fall at the feet of Mark Sandford. I believe this project would already be completeded a year or so ago if Sanford would not have gotten in the middle of it...remember, he is a developer by trade.

Just my two cents but I think when this all shakes out I believe that Rossen got jobbed by the big boys. Whether or not they ever have to pay for it I dont know but I think he has a legitimate complaint, and I have never trusted Sanford since this thing.

I have never met the man but I know some people that I respect that have worked with and for him and all of them say that he is a world class JackA--.

And from some people that I have talked to who did business with him in the past this whole situation seems about par for the course just on a bigger stage.

Just an opinion and it does not mean a thing and all based on hearsay but it is how I feel.

The day Sanford shows even a hint of sincere care for Greenville, let me know and I'll think about giving him credit for doing something right as governor.

Understand that I received this information from the Greenville News:

Rosen had worked with Clemson for a year and a half and controlled about 400 acres of Hollingsworth land when, in January of 2003, Gov. Mark Sanford asked for 60 days to review the proposed research campus, saying he wanted to protect taxpayer interests.

Sanford questioned whether Rosen was putting enough money on the table, and threatened to move the campus to another location and find a different developer. The governor's review was unexpected, and initially irked many business and political leaders in Greenville, including Mayor White and Chamber of Commerce officials.

Nine months later, Sanford and state Commerce Secretary Bob Faith announced a restructured deal that left Clemson with 250 acres, instead of 100, and removed Rosen from ICAR, leaving him with 150 acres for his own separate development.

Source

I really have yet to see you present a solid case for your assertion that Sanford dislikes/snubs Greenville and the Upstate.

Not that I am going to do the research, but I have a hunch that if you follow the money, you will find that with Rosen excluded from a major part of the deal the Governers lower state development compadres are the ones who are going to gain from the deal.

And besides that, Rossen put the deal together and got shoved aside by bigger boys on the block. Even if the deal is better for the state it is a case of government messing around in private business and on the whole that usually is not a healty thing.

Well I personally know someone who works for Sanford whose opinion is not too dissimilar--but he makes it clear that that's how he feels about Sanford as a person, and not necessarily as a governor.

I also know a guy who used to work for Sanford. I was told that Sanford is a good person, and he genuinely cares about the taxpayers money. He is also the cheapest man you'll ever meet.

It's not totally a private venture, since Clemson is involved.

Exactly. This is a public-private venture.