Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• 3 months later...

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang TJ, that was a quick update. You are the roving reporter on all things Urban Tally.

I hate that they won't be open until fall, however I do tend to drink hot drinks less in the summertime. If they were smart, they should get their act together and try and open as the students come back to town for fall and before the home football games.

Does anyone know who's the owner of this coffehouse?

If you read today's article, they speak of these 30 locations in a different way than most of us may be thinking. I think the person being interviewed intends on setting up little sections in Convienance stores, and perhaps retail stores, as well as a few stand alone locations. For some reason I can even see DD talking to the Leon County school board or perhaps the state's CAFE people. Who knows. But I don't think they actually intend on putting up 30 physical stores, that would be financial suicide, in a city of ANY size.

• 1 month later...

I peeked in yesterday and saw that they were just about ready to pour the concrete floor in the coffee shop. They left a sunken area in the original construction so that they could add under-floor plumbing and wiring, along with some big foam blocks so it would require less concrete.

Also, this welcome change was underway this morning...(the old sign was being taken down).

Photo-0027.jpg

Hey all,

I visited the Tallahssee Center today to inquire about the sign removal. I was told that the sign was going to be replaced by a larger sign. I asked if the new sign would read "The Pointe" or "Tallahassee Center" or some combination of the two and the nice young lady told me they are dropping, "The Pointe" and will go strictly as, "Tallahassee Center".

I support this decision to drop "The Pointe" as I feel this was very confusing. I'm also hoping they can use Metal lettering for the new sign. For now, it has been re-coated in Stucco and I suppose we'll see some paint applied soon.

Coffee shop work is infact well underway! :)

Hey all,

I visited the Tallahssee Center today to inquire about the sign removal. I was told that the sign was going to be replaced by a larger sign. I asked if the new sign would read "The Pointe" or "Tallahassee Center" or some combination of the two and the nice young lady told me they are dropping, "The Pointe" and will go strictly as, "Tallahassee Center".

I support this decision to drop "The Pointe" as I feel this was very confusing. I'm also hoping they can use Metal lettering for the new sign. For now, it has been re-coated in Stucco and I suppose we'll see some paint applied soon.

Coffee shop work is infact well underway! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived