Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

Article published Nov 4, 2006

New complex caters to fans

Condos offer view and a short walk to Doak

By Billy Bruce

DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

Tallahasseeans can get a first-hand look at the second condominium complex to open downtown in recent months when the Tallahassee Center offers an open house after today's Florida State-Virginia game.

The 111-unit complex was developed in Kleman Plaza by folks who have sports fans in mind. Gameday Centers Southeastern caters to year-round downtown dwellers and the avid, sophisticated sports enthusiast, the firm's press release on the new center states.

Like the Tennyson condominiums that opened in September on Monroe Street, the Tallahassee Center offers its residents upper-floor views of Doak Campbell Stadium and is only minutes from it. The center is located at 215 W. College Ave. in Kleman Plaza, one block from the state Capitol.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tallahassee (Gameday) Center

GRAND OPENING

These were taken in the reception hall. I felt like a grain of pepper in a bowl of salt. It was incredible! I count my blessings this is 2006 and not 1956! WHOO! Thank you Jesus for your mercy and grace!!! I made it out alive!!

SonyShots089.jpg

SonyShots002.jpg

SonyShots003.jpg

SonyShots004-1.jpg

SonyShots005-1.jpg

The Center donates a percentage of the sales proceeds to the University. In this picture, is the University of Georgia ceremony.

SonyShots006-3.jpg

I liked the carpet throughout the entire building.

SonyShots010-3.jpg

SonyShots011-3.jpg

SonyShots012-2.jpg

SonyShots014-1.jpg

SonyShots015-1.jpg

SonyShots016-1.jpg

2nd Floor of Building, looking toward the GYM.

SonyShots017-1.jpg

SonyShots018-2.jpg

I'd break my neck trying to run on the treadmil and watch t.v.!!!

SonyShots019-1.jpg

But the view outside is beautiful.

SonyShots020-2.jpg

On with the tour. Our realtor was Mrs. Pricillia Tharpe. Tharpe Street perhaps?

SonyShots021-2.jpg

SonyShots022.jpg

SonyShots029.jpg

SonyShots030.jpg

To be continued.

... More Tallahassee Center

SonyShots032.jpg

SonyShots033.jpg

More of that carpet that I love

SonyShots034-1.jpg

Here are some pictures from the lobby of the building. I think its going to turn out nice when the restaurant/retail component is complete.

SonyShots035-1.jpg

Very nice people. :)

SonyShots036.jpg

Unfinished restauran or retail space...

SonyShots037.jpg

SonyShots038.jpg

SonyShots039.jpg

SonyShots040.jpg

Plaza Level looking toward the stairs to the parking Garage.

SonyShots049.jpg

SonyShots051.jpg

SonyShots055.jpg

SonyShots056.jpg

SonyShots057.jpg

SonyShots058.jpg

Gift Baskets given to owners of units.

SonyShots059.jpg

Tallahassee Center Part III

SonyShots060.jpg

SonyShots061.jpg

SonyShots062.jpg

SonyShots063.jpg

SonyShots064.jpg

SonyShots065.jpg

SonyShots066.jpg

SonyShots067.jpg

SonyShots068.jpg

SonyShots069.jpg

SonyShots070.jpg

SonyShots072.jpg

SonyShots073.jpg

SonyShots074.jpg

SonyShots075.jpg

SonyShots076.jpg

SonyShots077.jpg

SonyShots078.jpg

SonyShots079.jpg

SonyShots080.jpg

SonyShots084.jpg

SonyShots085.jpg

SonyShots086.jpg

Wow TJ, thanks to you, I feel as if I've been to Gameday. Thanks a bunch. Loved your pepper and salt line. :D Was it mandatory that the fellas wear a ball cap inside Gameday?

I take it those balconies that were sheltered were on the second floor? Interesting view of them.

Was that the only TV in the gym? If so, they do need to move it.

The hallways look too hotel(ish) to me. Usually condos have some communal furniture in the hallways.

They say anything about possible tenants for the retail/restaurant?

Did you get an idea about how many units they have left? Did it seem like most will be used for just gameday weekenders? Or for their college age kids to live in? Or for renters? Or for owner-occupied?

And finally did anyone say anything about the fugy A/C unit or cheap fishing logo signage????

Wow TJ, thanks to you, I feel as if I've been to Gameday. Thanks a bunch. Loved your pepper and salt line. :D Was it mandatory that the fellas wear a ball cap inside Gameday?

I take it those balconies that were sheltered were on the second floor? Interesting view of them.

Yes, they were on the second floor.

Was that the only TV in the gym? If so, they do need to move it.

Yes it was. I agree.

The hallways look too hotel(ish) to me. Usually condos have some communal furniture in the hallways.

I figure they may add furniture as they put the final touches on. But I agree, it did feel very much like a nice hotel.

They say anything about possible tenants for the retail/restaurant?

I haven't heard anything official from them.

Did you get an idea about how many units they have left? Did it seem like most will be used for just gameday weekenders? Or for their college age kids to live in? Or for renters? Or for owner-occupied?

12-13 units remain. Only one @ 155,000 (studio). Thats out of a total of 111 units. Not bad. For this weekend, the entire building was rented out or fully occupied.

And finally did anyone say anything about the fugy A/C unit or cheap fishing logo signage????

Nothing was said.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha Ha.... I had an out of towner with me today, and I was showing him some of the new sites downtown as we were going to Fat Sandwich and as we approached Game Day center I told him that it was brand new and we just had the grand opening... He said wow looks nice .... then as he made his eye up to the top he ask "what is that silver thing supposed to be on the roof??" I said that's the AC.... he said ewwww....lol. So this means that outsiders can spot it a mile away and it is not just us that thinks it ugly! Just thought that was funny and I should share that with ya. TJ I think I saw ya taking pictures near Fat Sandwiches. :-)

TCRoofcover.jpg

This is a bad mockup of this building, but the idea here, since this is a sports condominium, is to build up a display board that would run around the roof of this building and spit out the latest scores. Or it could just circulate the message Gameday Center, or Seminoles or something.

Just thought I'd have some fun with it.

^TJ even that electronic scoreboard would probably get approval under the lax Kleman Plaza sign code.

When I drive by this bldg. my eyes jump from the bad signage to the fugly a/c unit. I rarely see much else. You can see that fugly a/c unit from a long way off. Like a beacon guiding you to Gameday.

lol. How funny... you see only the two things you don't like about this building.

I personally like it, from ground level... even with the plastic sign age. But I remain disappointed that they cut so many corners.

There must be something they could do to cover the monstrosity on top of this building.

• 3 weeks later...

The carriage did look nice. I can't wait to see more people downtown on a regular basis. We sure need more Hotel, restuarant, shopping places downown. It would wonderful to see more people enjoying themselves.

Like South Park County, I'm looking for them to get the retail space occupied. Seems they may be asking more for rents than they should, else they would have someone already in place.

• 3 weeks later...

Coffee House Coming to Ground Floor

by T.J. Lewis :shades:

SonyShots053.jpg

Appears we've got a tenant for the ground floor of the Tallahassee center set to open early 2007. Hometown Coffee House has signed a lease and has also posted notice of their plans to open on the North End of the ground floor of this building. Details of the lease have not been released at this time.

Imagine people having a cup of coffee before work, residents coming down from their condos to read a paper or socialize with friends, students stopping in to study, or among other things, this being a wifi hotspot for people to use the internet.

I'm excited!

The Pointe at Tallahassee Center

SonyShots052.jpg

Apparently there's a new twist to this Soap Opera. Originally as we all knew, Gameday was marketing these units to University Boosters, who would either live in these condominiums, or block out dates when they would use them and allow Gameday Center's Management company to rent them out the remainder of the time. In some ways I thought of it like a time share, but slightly different. Now we have a Hotel in our midst. As before, Gameday, or should I say, The Point, continues to rent the units of owners who don't occupy their units, however this is on a day by day, week by week basis or so I'm told. This agreement also calls for a 60/40 split in the profits earned. So essentially if you've purchased one of these units, and hold onto it, you'll eventually begin to draw in some cash flow, as more and more people realize there is a "Hotel" on Kleman plaza.

Kinda neat that they've changed the name. And just incase you're wondering Poonther, they'll be changing the signage.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived