Wachovia South Tryon Projects

Southend

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ground floor, where people would walk in. I think there will be some retail there, but she couldn't elaborate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

on a related note, does anyone have the inside scoop on who will be placed where?? Right now for instance parts of CIB are in the BellSouth building, while others are in the Darth Vader building (charlotte plaza). Is it too soon to know which dept will land where?

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

on a related note, does anyone have the inside scoop on who will be placed where?? Right now for instance parts of CIB are in the BellSouth building, while others are in the Darth Vader building (charlotte plaza). Is it too soon to know which dept will land where?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good questions. No Answers. I have to believe that whatever the plans were, they will be reviewed in light of the new development, which they have said will be about half Wachovia if they build it to 40 stories. If they only build 25-30, expect it to be primarily Wachovia. Either way, Darth will have to use the force to find new tenants. :ph34r:

Good questions. No Answers. I have to believe that whatever the plans were, they will be reviewed in light of the new development, which they have said will be about half Wachovia if they build it to 40 stories. If they only build 25-30, expect it to be primarily Wachovia. Either way, Darth will have to use the force to find new tenants. :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the arts thing goes through aren't they sort of locked in to building something near 40 stories? As I understand it once the committment for TIF is made Wachovia is committed to making a $300mm investment in the area and it seems unlikely to me that even more condos than those planned for the site would be an alternative, but then again I'm no real estate expert.

If the arts thing goes through aren't they sort of locked in to building something near 40 stories?  As I understand it once the committment for TIF is made Wachovia is committed to making a $300mm investment in the area and it seems unlikely to me that even more condos than those planned for the site would be an alternative, but then again I'm no real estate expert.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is my understanding as well that if the arts plan gets passed, they will/have to build 40 stories. I was only leaving a little room in case it doesn't.

Would 40 stories put it near the samee height as Hearst?

How many storeys is the gold building that Duke is in?

It would be nice to see something tower over that building on that end of the skyline

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the old Wachovia building (white & gold) is approx. 30 stories. The Hearst is 50, I think.

It would be nice to see something tower over that building on that end of the skyline

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The BoA Plaza is 40 stories and ~503' tall. It should be about the same height, maybe more depending on how they top the building off.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

om

Since I work in the Wach department (not Corporate Real Estate) that directly deals with stuff like this, I get to see firsthand who moves and where. Since it's pretty far off, the department likely to move into the Main as of right now are Commercial Technology and some Human Resources according to a source of mine who is pretty reliable. And there will be more.

As far as the Darth Vader building and BS, CIB is going to be in both places for a while until further notice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure how accurate it is, but there is a building index of heights at the following site: http://www.geocities.com/mugen682/index.html

The new Wachovia tower aside, I bumped into a colleague of mine who works for Wachovia's Corporate Real Estate and I got to see the final renderings for 2 Wachovia Main intererior and man it looks sweet. the elevator lobby and floor looks like the 2 Wachovia Tower's but much nicer. The lobby level is totally different from what it used to look like. I should know, I used to work in the main's bottom floor. The carpet used to smell like mildew and urine and it was generally in sad shape. Anyway, if I had to describe it, the style and color looks a lot like 3 Wachovia's bottom elevator lobby area for those of you who have been there before. Marble floors and walls with much nicer furniture to sit on. From what I understand, that lobby are will be mostly retail, but it's always subject to change. Wish I could have scanned the pictures, but of they wouldn't let me borrow them.

Also, once the Main building has been totally renovated, the tower will also be repainted on the outside. So we won't have to look at the ugly beige color. my guess is the color will match the exterior color of the main, either light grey or light blue or something color scheme like that.

Also, once the Main building has been totally renovated, the tower will also be repainted on the outside.  So we won't have to look at the ugly beige color.  my guess is the color will match the exterior color of the main, either light grey or light blue or something color scheme like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's awesome. that tower is the biggest eye soar on the skyline. Especially now since we are going from modern glass building, to black, to ugly beige. it just looks so tacky.

that was my first observation, too.

Also, i noticed that bechtler and mint are on different sides of 1st street (becthler gets a VERY prominent location vs. the mint!), so that may limit the operational efficiencies somewhat.

I'm somewhat disappointed that a tower isn't planned on the north side of 1st (at least as rendered there), as it means that there will be a gap between the white and gold 400 S Tryon.

I was most surprised that Wake isn't buried in the office building. it almost looks like it will have its own frontage and distinct building.

There is just so much included in this project, though, i'm sure that each component will probably change a couple dozen times before it is finalized.

That rendering makes it pretty obvious that Duke won't be building a new tower on that site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can affirm that as well. I work at Duke and we recently received a memo on all the renovations going on in 400 tryon right now and there was a FAQ at the end with the question:

Q: Is a new headquarters building for Duke Energy still planned on the property where Firestone is located?

A: We have no immediate plans to develop that property. We'll continue to evaluate this on a periodic basis.

Archived