Wachovia South Tryon Projects

Southend

I am curious how this is accomplished?? Won't the paint chip off?? Do you know of examples where this has been done before?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it probably already is painted beige... and they will just change the color during the next repainting.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you guys might find this interesting. Wachovia is now being looked at as the possible buyer for WFS Financial out of California. They are an auto financing company. They have a market cap of around 3 billion. (not huge, but definately something that deserves a post). WFS has over 2,000 employees, most of which are in CA.

Might not be a bad idea to bring those workers out here & put them in that shiny new tower WB is going to build. :D

BTW, WFSI is currently halted in afternoon trading because the stock is going bonkers. It was up 15% before it was halted.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story...317FC61CC023%7D

I thought you guys might find this interesting. Wachovia is now being looked at as the possible buyer for WFS Financial out of California. They are an auto financing company. They have a market cap of around 3 billion. (not huge, but definately something that deserves a post). WFS has over 2,000 employees, most of which are in CA.

Might not be a bad idea to bring those workers out here & put them in that shiny new tower WB is going to build.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's paper said this could start in Jan-Feb of 2006 IF everything goes smoothly.

Also, they are now saying this is a $400M project as opposed to a $300M project they announced a couple of months ago. The scope of the arts hasn't increased so...........who wants to speculate?

sah dah tay! gotta feel good about getting extra height on this thing. i know it isn't official...and who knows maybe that added 100 million is going to a ben long frescoe... of the panthers...on the side of the new building...facing 277.

nah, i think we are getting more erection :) . lets just say all this added money is going into added height - what would the storey count on this be (ballpark figure)?

Approximately 40 floors by my math....though I can only estimate what building costs are now. Hearst was built for $165/psf....I figured this at $200/psf. I netted out $91M for the arts, and $123M for the condos. I also assumed the average floorplate to be 23,000 sq. ft.

I really don't know if the cost of construction has gone up 20% since Hearst......if it has only been a 10% increase then that would put this at 44 stories.

I'm still going to estimate this at 45-50 stories as I have all along, based on possibly some cost savings realized by sharing infrastructure and possibly smaller floorplates near the top of the tower.

who knows, it could just be the higher cost of building in the post-katrina world, with just a modest increase in scope. 

will 400m buy you a new-tallest?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$400M will buy a new tallest, but it won't buy a new tallest, 600 condos, 2 museums, and a threatre.

they need to get this badboy built already, i'm sharing a friggin cube here and it SUCKS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

I agree ilektronik WB is a bit tight for space Uptown. Once Wachovia Main is completed it will help a little, but the reality is that with WB in growth mode, they are itching for more space, especially downtown. I think that BofA better watch out.

I am betting that even if the building is less than 60 floors, they could still take out BofA with a nice spire.

I think this is why they have been so hush hush.

A2

they need to get this badboy built already, i'm sharing a friggin cube here and it SUCKS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hang in there. after working with Corporate Real Estate for a while, I know Wach is desperately out of space. Seeing them shuffle people to different floors and to different leased buildings, the light at the end of the tunnel is eventually coming, don't know when, but it will be here

thank goodness I don't have to share a cube. I'm still picking out a fridge for my cube

besides, didn't I tell you you'd be moving to BS when you took the gig ;o)

Archived