Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

48 minutes ago, mazman34340 said:

I pray to god I can get a couple lots in the Belmont area soon. I hope to build a Duplex. Once the empty lots price out for 60k, duplexes don't really pencil in anymore. The zoning is nonsensical so that doesn't help.

This neighborhood has so much potential. Being slightly isolated between noda and PM, I like to think of it as being slow cooked while developers crap out apartments on central.

If you're looking for $60k lots in Belmont, you better find a way to go back in time.

Empty lots in Belmont are selling for over $100,000, with $150,000+ not being out of the question.

12 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

I'm not familiar with the Belmont area, but are there any plans to renovate this old building on the corner of Pegram and Belmont? Sorry if this was asked a few pages back:

https://goo.gl/maps/WCRvrrAkG1w

A gentleman purchased the building around a year ago. I heard from the man himself he is in contact with a 'prominent restauranter' and if things work out it could be a pub or eatery with residential units on top.

And if fatback queen is getting setup again Belmont will not only have one but two local places to eat.

10 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Anybody know what is going on with construction at the Cordelia Park?

The Little Sugar Creek greenway. Eventually they'll dig under Parkwood Ave to connect.

9 hours ago, mazman34340 said:

A gentleman purchased the building around a year ago. I heard from the man himself he is in contact with a 'prominent restauranter' and if things work out it could be a pub or eatery with residential units on top.

And if fatback queen is getting setup again Belmont will not only have one but two local places to eat.

I wish that corner of Pegram/Belmont had commercial structures (or at least empty space for some) on one of the other corners of that intersection. There's two houses, and the bare fenced-off corner of the warehouse parking lot. Maybe someone can set up an improvised seating area there.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

• 2 weeks later...

Good news.... uhhhh maybe bad news.... maybe catastrophic news.

The six properties including the corner brick building, and Fatback Queen building are now being packaged together for a bid, minimum three million dollars.

I met the small scale developer who had plans for the brick building. Perhaps his plans didn't pencil in. I sware he mentioned another developer offered him for an apartment building.

Situation is now precarious.

4 hours ago, mazman34340 said:

Good news.... uhhhh maybe bad news.... maybe catastrophic news.

The six properties including the corner brick building, and Fatback Queen building are now being packaged together for a bid, minimum three million dollars.

I met the small scale developer who had plans for the brick building. Perhaps his plans didn't pencil in. I sware he mentioned another developer offered him for an apartment building.

Situation is now precarious.

Noooooooo! :tw_angry:

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:54 PM, Niner National said:

If you're looking for $60k lots in Belmont, you better find a way to go back in time.

Empty lots in Belmont are selling for over $100,000, with $150,000+ not being out of the question.

Really?  Just over a year  ago (or is it two now?)  I could have gotten a lot around there for 40K or so.  And what amounted to a tear down for about 50K.

There are a couple of lots in there going for 70-75K right now...   There are a couple in some form of contract for 45K and 35K. 

On 7/12/2016 at 9:38 PM, DEnd said:

Really?  Just over a year  ago (or is it two now?)  I could have gotten a lot around there for 40K or so.  And what amounted to a tear down for about 50K.

There are a couple of lots in there going for 70-75K right now...   There are a couple in some form of contract for 45K and 35K. 

On zillow, there were several that were just lots for over $100,000. I saw the two for 75. 

I almost bought a second house in Belmont last year because it was only $50k. It looked like it might have had foundation issues, so I passed on it. I didn't mind renovating an existing building, but I didn't want to do a full tear down and rebuild.

17 hours ago, PMrez said:

$3 million??? Is that anywhere close to reality for something zoned r5?

Either a developer already has plans coming for a large apartment, or I'm pretty sure this deal will fall apart.

It would be much better to incrementally build up those lots, and not demolishing the historic properties.

As for the Peridoe Townhouses, that is not modernist architecture. It's pure cancer.

Edited by mazman34340

• 3 weeks later...

The Baptist Church in Belmont is finally going to sell off some of it's land and allow a developer to build 112 units of affordable housing. It will be a mix of apartments for elderly and townhouses for families who make only 60% of local AMI.

Thoughts are mixed. Belmont already has plenty of subsidized housing, at about 50%. I won't join the NIMBY's though.

What Belmont really needs is to preserve (and perhaps help fix up) it's existing small businesses and try to open up an eatery. I don't expect Belmont to have a corridor of small businesses like Noda but it can hold it's own.

• 2 weeks later...

North Brevard Brewery
Proposed site development for an approximately 10,000 sf brewery, with associated parking

This is planned for: 1812 N BREVARD ST CHARLOTTE NC 28206. It's an empty lot which means they would develop from scratch. That is a LOT of money, I feel like this won't be a local brewery, could be a major player

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jayvee said:

North Brevard Brewery
Proposed site development for an approximately 10,000 sf brewery, with associated parking

This is planned for: 1812 N BREVARD ST CHARLOTTE NC 28206. It's an empty lot which means they would develop from scratch. That is a LOT of money, I feel like this won't be a local brewery, could be a major player

I'll take a SWAG at who it might be...Atwater from Detroit.  A few years ago the local media reported that they were scouting NC for a production brewery.  However, 10,000 sf is a little small for a production facility that is ultimately, according to the media reports, supposed to have a capacity of 100,000 bbl per year.  If it is Atwater, it will be a super solid addition to the Charlotte Beer scene.  I recently had a chance to visit their brewery in Detroit and it was awesome.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a notice in the mail for the meeting next week for Rezoning 2016-130, by White Point Paces Properties (the same group doing the Highland Park Mill renovation) for a 0.632 acre site right across the street at the corner of N Brevard and Belmont Ave. Anyone know what's being planned there? Apartments? It's pretty small compared to most others, but they seem to be a conscientious company.

So far the lot's including all of these houses. I just hope it doesn't gobble up the old Belmont Wiping Cloth Co. building.

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 5.25.33 PM.png

Edited by SgtCampsalot

Just now, SgtCampsalot said:

Just got a notice in the mail for the meeting next week for Rezoning 2016-130, by White Point Paces Properties (the same group doing the Highland Park Mill renovation) for a 0.632 acre site right across the street at the corner of N Brevard and Belmont Ave. Anyone know what's being planned there? Apartments? So far the lot's including all of these houses. I just hope it doesn't gobble up the old Belmont Wiping Cloth Co. building.

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 5.25.33 PM.png

It's going to be a complement to the Highland Mill project....stay tuned :)

• Like 1