Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

http://www.charlottefive.com/light-rail-reshape-optimist-park/

Lot going on in Optimist Park. I really consider Atlrvr's project above as NoDa so I didn't include it.

Man, having that comprehensive list really drills home how heavy that boom will be.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niner National said:

No kidding. I kept wondering how that project was going to look like the renderings. Now I see it.

Isn't it amazing that people covered an architectural treasure with piece meal additions over the course of 50 or 60 years?

Here are the some of approved elevations posted in Accela, from last week.  Lofts at Hawthorne Mill.  And the approved plan.  Looks like the addition on the northern part of the building has already been demolished from the pictures posted above to make way for parking.  Nice courtyard with pool and bocce.

11-16-2016 1-08-07 PM.png

11-16-2016 1-06-52 PM.png

11-16-2016 1-06-23 PM.png

11-16-2016 1-05-56 PM.png

11-16-2016 1-07-27 PM.png

11-16-2016 1-10-34 PM.png

Just now, Matthew.Brendan said:

The transformation of B-OP is going to be stunningly swift I think....

Extremely swift. I have a developer friend scouting everywhere in OP for a large townhouse development. 

Does anyone know anything about this, or am I making something out of nothing? This building on Seigle Ave has been an auto garage for years but in the last few weeks it's been painted and the rear area was cleared out... (that's the CSX line on the left, looking north/northwest)

20161130_112312.jpg

20161130_112315.jpg

20161130_112317.jpg

On 11/21/2016 at 8:03 AM, Spartan said:

Does anyone know what's going on with the renovation of that church into a concert venue? Is that still a thing?

The one on 15th St and Caldwell? If so it's still a thing, it's just a joint operation between them and the church congregation (Mission Gathering), plus they're frinds of Area 15 owner. Not sure on their hard plans, but they seem very small grassroots, so very slow/ a little unorganized. 

Edited by SgtCampsalot

Seigle Presbyterian Church at 10th St and Seigle Ave, previously under contract, but the buyer pulled out, was just purchased for 3 million.

They will lease it for office, maybe day care, etc, until they redevelop it 3 to 5 years from now. The church will use the profit to buy a new property.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

Is CDoT dragging it's feet for the Parkwood Avenue road diet or they still going through the planning process?

Right now I would say Parkwood destroys land values and helps separate Villa Heights from Belmont. A traffic sewer.

Not even a bikelane but anything that slows down traffic and an additional intersection with crosswalks would help.

11 hours ago, mazman34340 said:

Is CDoT dragging it's feet for the Parkwood Avenue road diet or they still going through the planning process?

Right now I would say Parkwood destroys land values and helps separate Villa Heights from Belmont. A traffic sewer.

Not even a bikelane but anything that slows down traffic and an additional intersection with crosswalks would help.

The last update was the following:

- Parkwood Ave from Belmont Ave to Hawthorne (meaning, the current NECI infrastructure upgrade project, up past Villa Heights until Hawthorne intersection) would be one lane each way, with turning lanes, and some method of bike facility (more below). The NECI portion of Parkwood is being widened in the next couple years, and these new diet plans would be able to be done easily within those existing curb cuts..

- Parkwood Ave to The Plaza would be same as now, but would be sure to somehow continue whatever bike facility was chosen above (below).

- The Plaza, due to it having the most traffic of all, has no specifics yet, however in regards to bike facilities:

- Bike facility options range (for all sections) from painted bike lanes (traditional), to buffered/protected cycle track on one side of the street (feasible), to utilizing the existing alleyway network in Villa Heights that runs parallel to Parkwood and turning it into a multi-use path/cycle track (requiring a patchwork of minor ROW acquisitions). This could then integrate into any potential "bicycle boulevard" routes, which they are currently researching separately to connect Plaza-Midwood to NoDa, etc.

This was the final presentation to residents publicly. The next step is to get Council to approve it as a full plan, then to get it included on some bond package in the next decade.

Edited by SgtCampsalot