Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Took these on 1/1 and boy is that deck tall that backs up to the LYNX line but it will serve a future office building I think in addition to these apartments.  

This area between Optimist Hall and uptown has really changed with so many new apartments and more to come.  

20240101_155114.jpg

You're right, I think (of course) about the future office building to accompany that deck, but I don't care how big or tall parking decks are if they're by heavy rail tracks or freeways...If nothing else, they serve as sound barriers for the immediate denizens.

On 2/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, buildleft said:

This project includes 10 townhomes and 12 units above 3k sf retail. Great project imo and we need a lot more like it

596666994_ScreenShot2022-02-07at2_58_30PM.thumb.png.f0dcd2435c9e0da802b1d374c14befdd.png

Based on the lack of progress over the past 6-9 months and the homeless people camped out, this project looks dead (or at least stalled).  Sad considering how far construction got before it died.  Maybe with interest rates decreasing the project will be able to pencil again (and hopefully sitting idle for 6 months will not have done irreparable damage).

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NYtoCLT said:

Based on the lack of progress over the past 6-9 months and the homeless people camped out, this project looks dead (or at least stalled).  Sad considering how far construction got before it died.  Maybe with interest rates decreasing the project will be able to pencil again (and hopefully sitting idle for 6 months will not have done irreparable damage).

Not saying anything is happening but they did hang new "Coming Soon" banners over the fencing that had the old delivery date on it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHart said:

Not saying anything is happening but they did hang new "Coming Soon" banners over the fencing that had the old delivery date on it 

They haven't gotten inspected since May 31st, which they passed, which was for water sealing spaces, on May 30th they failed an inspection for framing. 

She's cute tho. Would gladly take 50 more of her.

image.thumb.png.1c33c47b531602addca71a6f6c0ab70b.png

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, CLT Development said:

They haven't gotten inspected since May 31st, which they passed, which was for water sealing spaces, on May 30th they failed an inspection for framing. 

She's cute tho. Would gladly take 50 more of her.

image.thumb.png.1c33c47b531602addca71a6f6c0ab70b.png

Would have been a great addition of missing middle directly on a (semi) protected bike lane.  Contrast that with abandoned structure currently being used as a homeless encampment and it's a pretty hard 180.

25 minutes ago, NYtoCLT said:

Would have been a great addition of missing middle directly on a (semi) protected bike lane.  Contrast that with abandoned structure currently being used as a homeless encampment and it's a pretty hard 180.

Looking at the cost of units, its entirely possible that it just didn't pencil, and they figured it out too late in the process. "starting at 300K" is not something you hear in inner city Charlotte these days, granted I cannot find the smallest size of the 12 condos that are included alongside the townhouses. I'd honestly have bought one of these condos for my parents.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 7:04 PM, CLT Development said:

Townhouses (presumably rental) have been submitted thus far for the Southeastern portion on the other side of N. Davidson. Not sure why it hasn't closed yet.

How do you look this information up or see the site details? Is it public?

6 hours ago, fortibus said:

How do you look this information up or see the site details? Is it public?

https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/customization/common/home.aspx

This is where you can find all info, I can't give too much advice on how to find things though, its a crap shoot. I feel like the city makes it hard on purpose, it just kinda takes "figuring it out and getting used to it.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

They have a location further into NoDa too at 33rd and North Davidson and if the Lion King taught me anything about "The Circle of Life," another dispensary will open nearby.

Side Note: New Urban Planet buggy as hell.

Haha, just noticed that going to Haberdish tonight. Still like to have things "down the hill" so hopeful for the retail that will be coming to these locations.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:32 PM, CLT Development said:

there's a 100,000 sq foot retail pipeline in your neighborhood. I'm sure it'll take 5 years to realize, but stick around, your life is going to get more walkable. I'll drop you off some gummy bears.

I'm not complaining at all, but will always take some gummies.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...