Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

A statue expressing the joys of seeing more cranes dotting the skyline...(if we get 505 and Sheet Music underway, I might go streaking, too)

If you ever have a clothes shortage; we will take up a collection for you. Maybe even get ya some red Georgia undies and an orange Florida hat :)

Oh yea, the two Turnberry towers. Almost forgot about those.

How does the Monroe-Carrell Children's Hospital expansion at Vandy fit in? They will add 4 more floors (at 15+/- ft per floor) to the existing pushing it up over 250 ft tall in my estimation.

VandyChildrensHospital_zps8db50118.jpg

I don't know what the time line is, but I heard they were in fund raising mode, so it may be a ways away.

...oh, and the US Courthouse. While "only" seven floors, it, being a courthouse, will have up to 20' floor to ceiling heights, putting it in the 140 ft tall range.The renderings show it apparently matching the 140' tall (per Emporis) Bennie Dillon Bldg across the street in height.

Enjoyed looking at the buildings through the spider webs of power and phone lines hanging about the air.

Burying utilities is surprisingly expensive, based on what I heard from the Gulch. Still, the trend appears to be that lines are gradually being converted to subterranean as properties get redeveloped.

All in due time!

• Like 1

I was concerned when I learned that the garage was going to face the roundabout instead of a building entrance. However the garage is nicely done (for a garage) but still would prefer the building, itself.

SkyhouseGarage_zpsddf491bf.jpg

I know they are trying to show how the building does not dominate the neighborhood in this rendering for purposes of getting a height variance. They should have shown the 'Element' at 19 stories and 190', also.

Skyhouseneighborhood_zps0dece87c.jpg

BTW, I guessed 287', so I was probably the closest. What do I win?

Interesting... They list this one as 25 stories at 289'.

Also of note: They indicate the Virgin Hotel in the comparison graphic at 20/225'. Not sure if we've heard actual numbers associated with that before now...

I'm pretty sure the 225' comes from the max height on the SP that was passed to allow Virgin to be built. They had to merge the three lots under the same zoning guidelines, and 225' was the max allowable. Who knows if they'll actually hit it though as I believe it was the allowed height for the most intensively zoned lot prior to the developers purchasing the site.

I was concerned when I learned that the garage was going to face the roundabout instead of a building entrance. However the garage is nicely done (for a garage) but still would prefer the building, itself.

SkyhouseGarage_zpsddf491bf.jpg

I know they are trying to show how the building does not dominate the neighborhood in this rendering for purposes of getting a height variance. They should have shown the 'Element' at 19 stories and 190', also.

I've always wondered why developers don't attempt to line ALL of the outside of their parking garages with retail/office...all the way to the top floor.  They would only need to take up a portion of the outer edges and would be able to make enough from rent over time to actually pay for the garage.  Maybe they need the open slits for ventilation or something...but it just seems like the appropriate thing to do...at least on the sides of the garage facing busy streets.