Norfolk Pictures

willy

Man :angry: I'm mad y'all beat me to these pictures. I took pictures of the major construction downtown Saturday morning but haven't had a chance to upload them yet 'coz I'm so busy. S'all good though, I'll still post them sometime either later today or tomorrow though many will feel either outdated or deja-vu after seeing them.

Man :angry: I'm mad y'all beat me to these pictures. I took pictures of the major construction downtown Saturday morning but haven't had a chance to upload them yet 'coz I'm so busy. S'all good though, I'll still post them sometime either later today or tomorrow though many will feel either outdated or deja-vu after seeing them.

Who cares dude! You could have taken better pics than I did dude. You can take pics of the same thing and they will have different feel cause different people taking the pics. Post them!

Who cares dude! You could have taken better pics than I did dude. You can take pics of the same thing and they will have different feel cause different people taking the pics. Post them!

I will but I don't think they'll top yours in terms of resolution and stuff like that but by tomorrow I should have everything posted :thumbsup:

Alright guys here are some pictures I took this past gloomy Saturday morning. I want to note that I re-sized the file size of these pictures to accomodate anyone on dial-up so in turn resolution and quality was compromised a little bit but everything should be bearable. Below are pics of 388 Boush, all my other pics are in either the Trader Construction Progress thread or the Norfolk Cruise Terminal thread. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

388 Boush construction on Freemason St. :

388Bousch.jpg

388 Boush construction on Freemason St. and Boush St. :

388Bousch2.jpg

388 Boush construction on Boush St. :

388Bousch3.jpg

388 Boush construction on Boush St. If you look closely, quick views of Trader's Cranes and Harbor Heights construction are pictured in the background:

388Bousch4.jpg

388 Boush construction on Bousch St. and College Pl. :

388Bousch5.jpg

Edited by ace707

I have a photo request if anyone wants to take it up! I really like airports and haven't been to Norfolk's in about 5 years. The next time someone is at the airport, could they take some general pics (i.e. the ticketing, new arrivals terminal, concourse, lobby, etc)? It would be greatly appreciated! :D

Are you trying to get someone arrested? :lol:

I took a couple of pix when I was out walking in my 'hood this afternoon. I didn't realize how many art deco buildings are clustered around the courthouse building. In two years, the point will be moot because a lot of them will be gone to make room for the Granby Tower. Kind of a sad loss, but one that will be replaced by something nice, so I won't complain too much.

Looking at the whole picture, that Wright building really is art deco and avant garde for its time. I do sincerely hope that it will not be bulldozed to make an addition to some courthouse. Ugh, I just wish that the feds would move away to a new site and give Norfolk that building for a library. That would be perfetc for everyone. Well except the judges that want to live across the street from where they work I guess...

post-2510-1128881875_thumb.jpg

Edited by JPN0731

Ugh I guess I did not do that right because the pic is a small icon that gets huge. Oh well, I guess that is why I haven't posted pix before.

I have a couple more downtown shots too. I know there was a lot of discussion about banning new parking garages, but they sure do make nice places to get good pix :-) Much more so than inside a LR car...

post-2510-1128882604_thumb.jpg post-2510-1128882659_thumb.jpg post-2510-1128882780_thumb.jpg

JPN, those are awesome pics! I downsized one for ya just so you could see it posted here. Not at all trying to steal your pics but just thought it would be cool to size it down and see what happens. If you would rather me not just let me know and I will delete it, no hard feelings I hope.

DSCN4603.jpg

Edited by guynvb