Norfolk Pictures

willy

Why is there a cross on the top of 388?

Yeah I noticed that too when I drove by the project earlier. So much for "Downtown Living, Downtown Style". It's now, "Downtown Living, Church Style". BTW I'm not knocking the project because I'm Catholic, I'm just messing around so if you're a hardcore religious person, don't take it personal or the wrong way.

**Oh Willy out of curiousity, is that "quote" have below your posts real? Just wondering 'cause it's kinda funny but then it makes me wonder if there is friction between Norfolk and VA Beach.

Edited by ace707

It's definately curious and wasn't in any of the renderings. I'm not sure it's a permanent fixture however. May be something just added by the construction workers temporarily (kinda like you see the american flag on top of pile drivers, buildings under construction, etc). Who knows, It's definately a first as far as anything i've seen downtown. :unsure:

Could it have anything to do with the church next door?

**Oh Willy out of curiousity, is that "quote" have below your posts real? Just wondering 'cause it's kinda funny but then it makes me wonder if there is friction between Norfolk and VA Beach.

Yep it's a real quote, but it was during a "roast" of Mayor Fraim by the Norfolk Sports Club. Fraim said that just to get back at her and others for roasting him all night.

This was Meyera's response to his remarks:

Oberndorf quieted the crowd when she spoke seriously of Fraim.

Yep it's a real quote, but it was during a "roast" of Mayor Fraim by the Norfolk Sports Club. Fraim said that just to get back at her and others for roasting him all night.

This was Meyera's response to his remarks:

Oberndorf quieted the crowd when she spoke seriously of Fraim.

Really!? That's hilarious. I didn't even think the heads of these cities knew the whole "Roast" (I call it "Bake") thing. That's good though that they are good friends :D

I always had the impression that they bumped heads and disagreeded on everything but I guess that was an assumption with the whole Norfolk v. Vabeach thing.