Norfolk Pictures

willy

Any ideas on what kind of building this will be.. office, residential?  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No idea, as it is still fervently in the "rumored" category and holding strong :rofl: . I was just pointing out to Okinawa that he listed Hilton as "rumored" when it is a bit beyond that stage. I also pointed out that since we're listing "rumored" towers we might as well list the best we've got (i.e. the 35-40 story one). :)

Edited by vdogg

I kind of suspect since this proposed tower is so tall it may be a multi use tower sort of like the Westin which is a hotel with residences. That is unless they have a heck of a catch and some company will be locating here! :w00t:

Edited by guynvb

I agree!

it'll take a few years to catch up to Charlotte. but by then, they would have added a few more!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My firewall at work won't let me access SSC. I'm glad to see Norfolk in the lead. What have some of the comments been? Is it a hostile contest? Are non-UP people voting and commenting?

great pics, try to get some of the east side of downtown along St Paul.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will try to next weekend for you. I just hope that more development is on the way and it doesn't just cool down. I'm hoping that there are plans in the works for the DT plaza area to convert to high rises.

I will try to next weekend for you. I just hope that more development is on the way and it doesn't just cool down. I'm hoping that there are plans in the works for the DT plaza area to convert to high rises.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They gotta be! What else are they gonna do there?

Out with the old...in with the new TOWERS!!!

Well, on a serious note,

What else could/would they do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a strong feeling from both their 2010 plan as well as things mentioned in an interview about DT plazas demolition that there will be a mixed use project on that site. Most likely mid to highrise. It will probably be some time out before they have anything official though.

I have a strong feeling from both their 2010 plan as well as things mentioned in an interview about DT plazas demolition that there will be a mixed use project on that site. Most likely mid to highrise. It will probably be some time out before they have anything official though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Screw Mid-rise.

No more little stuff. We need to spread downtown out!

Screw Mid-rise.

No more little stuff. We need to spread downtown out!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree but it all depends on what the demand for DT is at the time. You can't build something that will hurt the city financially. I wish they would build a tall tower though maybe 40-45 stories even if its a mix-use building. We need to catch up with other cities that are smaller than us which makes me sick.

I agree but it all depends on what the demand for DT is at the time. You can't build something that will hurt the city financially. I wish they would build a tall tower though maybe 40-45 stories even if its a mix-use building. We need to catch up with other cities that are smaller than us which makes me sick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to also take into account the location. There are homes directly behind that property and I imagine there might be some concern with having a tower that is the height of Granby in such close proximity. You never know though. They did state that they expect all developments from now on to be multistory. Multistory can mean a lot of things however.

You have to also take into account the location. There are homes directly behind that property and I imagine there might be some concern with having a tower that is the height of Granby in such close proximity. You never know though. They did state that they expect all developments from now on to be multistory. Multistory can mean a lot of things however.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also I have talked to people from the NHRA and they have stated that they do eventually plan on knocking down the projects that are there. This is word of mouth and may not be credible but I have heard that multiple times.