Norfolk Pictures

willy

Thanks.  And yes, thats Norfolk and Portsmouth.  Hopefully in the next few years, Portsmouth should have a few more buildings in its skyline to compliment Norfolk's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has there been anything new on the grandiose plans for high rises along the Ptown waterfront?

Sorry, guess this should be in Ptown thread.

Has there been anything new on the grandiose plans for high rises along the Ptown waterfront?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually we have not. It was mentioned that one time and have not heard about it since. Its alright Norfolk and Portsmouth are about the same in my opinion. :thumbsup:

I had the chance to take the Victory Rover Naval Base Cruise (http://www.navalbasecruises.com/) from downtown yesterday, and I of course tried to imagine what changes/improvement will occur to the skyline wth the consecutive addition of the Trader Tower, Harbor Heights, and hopefully the Granby Tower over the next couple of years. These three will really make a difference in the perception of our skyline and size of the downtown area as you approach downtown via the water coming down the Elizabeth River from the Naval Base.

Edited by Chesapeake Pirate

I had the chance to take the Victory Rover Naval Base cruise (http://www.navalbasecruises.com/) from downtown yesterday, and I of course tried to imagine what changes/improvement will occur to the skyline wth the consecutive addition of the Trader Tower, Harbor Heights, and hopefully the Granby Towerover the next couple of years.  These three will really make a difference in the perception of our skyline and size of the downtown area as you approach downtown coming down the Elizabeth River from the Naval Base.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't wait to see the changes man...I've been waiting so long :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 of the 6 had been presented to the council that night in a closed door briefing. What has become of that I haven't heard. As far as the other towers I haven't heard anything on those and those plans will probably be played out over a longer timescale than towncenter was.

I hope we get some more fountains in DT. I think one is planned for Granby Tower in a park!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right about the fountains. As I said in another thread, I went to Charlotte about 2 weeks ago and there were fountains all over downtown. It really added ambiance to the streetscape. DT Norfolk needs more.

(Yes! Quizno's is finally open!) :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...