GSP International

gvillenative

2 hours ago, GVLer said:

How did GSP win that award? I assumed from reading this forum that GSP was the biggest failure of an airport in the Southeast? 😉 

Yes, GSP is absolutely horrible and pales in comparison to the Amtrak/Norfolk Southern station downtown, which serves many more cities through direct service.  Greenville will never make it to the next level, with an airport that wins so few awards.  “Best Airport of 2-5 Million Passengers” just means that it’s a hole in the wall and will never attract anything big-time, and the awards just talk about how nice the place is; what really matters is the large airplanes going to many destinations, which it lacks.

I hate Greenville.  I hate life.

(Sound like someone else?)

Edited by PuppiesandKittens
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

I honestly don’t know when they are going to announce it.  I was just trying to take an educated guess.  What I do know is service starts June 1st.

Gotcha and thanks. June 1st is less than three months away. I’m surprised they haven’t announced it already. It will definitely have to be this month sometime. 

edit: new routes to be announced tomorrow by Avelo. Could this be it???

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Gotcha and thanks. June 1st is less than three months away. I’m surprised they haven’t announced it already. It will definitely have to be this month sometime. 

edit: new routes to be announced tomorrow by Avelo. Could this be it???

Could be but where would they fly to? Their routes seem to be mostly touristy areas. I can't imagine us needing more Florida destinations. Nashville maybe? 

I would rather have JB, Breeze,  or Frontier back over Avelo but that's just me. We'll see. 

3 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Could be but where would they fly to? Their routes seem to be mostly touristy areas. I can't imagine us needing more Florida destinations. Nashville maybe? 

I would rather have JB, Breeze,  or Frontier back over Avelo but that's just me. We'll see. 

Speaking of Frontier. I never understood why they left. Every time I flew them they were full and they had big planes. 

22 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Oh I don’t disagree. The fact that service is less than three months away tells me it’s definitely either Breeze or Avelo. I just don’t see JetBlue or Frontier announcing new service this close to June 1st. I predict if it is Avelo, they will fly to Nashville along with possibly a Florida destination and New Haven, CT. I would love to see Las Vegas but I don’t see that happening due to Avelo keeping their east and west coast bases separate sadly. I do like how Avelo flies big planes though. Lol. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Well, nothing from the airports social media accounts about an upcoming announcement so maybe it is not Avelo. Mobile, AL definitely looks like they’re getting announced today though with that airline. Holding out hope it’s Breeze or JetBlue instead for GSP.

edit: Avelo has updated their app and it only has Mobile listed as a new city. GSP is not on there so it looks like it is somebody else instead. Definitely not upset it isn’t them. Kind of glad it isn’t honestly. The mystery continues. 

Edited by gman430

Sent to our assignment desk today. Still a mystery 

13B9C701-779A-48DB-AC3F-77F94B96E94C.png

Was on Lauren’s Road heading downtown Saturday and saw Breeze Airlines coming from the North and take a sharp turn over GMU. It was coming from South Bend (according to FlightRadar) with most likely Notre Dame’s Men’s Basketball team. Looked mighty fine in the sharp blue flying low over Greenville. 😂 

• Like 1

Keyword: “destinations” as in more than one from the airport. I’m guessing it’s Breeze also. I don’t think it’s JetBlue, Air Canada, Alaska, or Sun Country as those airlines would be to just one city most likely. Maybe Frontier is coming back???

Edited by gman430

On 3/3/2023 at 1:35 AM, gman430 said:

Delta to add second daily flight Sunday-Friday to Detroit starting March 12th. Saturday to remain once a day. 

Correction: this starts March 9th and the additional flight is going to be on a mainline 717-200. The one Saturday flight is also on a 717-200.

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Keyword: “destinations” as in more than one from the airport. I’m guessing it’s Breeze also. I don’t think it’s JetBlue, Air Canada, Alaska, or Sun Country as those airlines would be to just one city most likely. Maybe Frontier is coming back???

I caught the "s" at the end as well. I too guess Breeze and that would be a solid addition. 

Wonder where they would go?

Maybe Nashville and one of the Ohio destinations? I wonder if they would even do a Charleston flight, that might actually do well.

Screenshot_20230307-122116_Chrome.jpg

This new airline is going to use Gate A1. I thought American used that gate. With their new service to LGA coming in May and increased service to other destinations where are they gonna park all of these planes? GSP is gonna need more gates along with that new parking garage fast. I noticed both garages today on GSP’s website are over 90% full with one of them at 99%. 

Edited by gman430

13 minutes ago, gman430 said:

This new airline is going to use Gate A1. I thought American used that gate. With their new service to LGA coming in May and increased service to other destinations where are they gonna park all of these planes? GSP is gonna need more gates along with that new parking garage fast. I noticed both garages today on GSP’s website are over 90% full with one of them at 99%. 

A1 being a premier gate leads me to believe that its a bigger name carrier that wants to be seen.  There's not really any Oneworld airlines that would make sense for us to ever have, so I can't really think who AA would be okay sharing it with.  United uses the end of the terminal A6-A9.. you would think if Air Canada were coming that they would share gates with them.

17 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

A1 being a premier gate leads me to believe that its a bigger name carrier that wants to be seen.  There's not really any Oneworld airlines that would make sense for us to ever have, so I can't really think who AA would be okay sharing it with.  United uses the end of the terminal A6-A9.. you would think if Air Canada were coming that they would share gates with them.

The only one I could think of would be Alaska Airlines. Highly unlikely I know but I guess anything is possible. 

Edited by gman430

The only one I could think of would be Alaska Airlines. Highly unlikely I know but I guess anything is possible. 

That was the only one I considered but basically everything in the continental US goes to Portland or Seattle.  CHS and ATL both have Alaskan service to the PNW so it's not completely unrealistic.  Multiple nonstop destinations sort of rules this one out though. I don't see that happening.

Edited by NewlyUpstate

GSP’s Facebook post: “say hello to your next adventure.”

Avelo’s slogan: “it’s time to say hello to Avelo.”

I think I cracked it. :ph34r: Runs and hides. Nashville, Orlando and New Haven with Avelo is my prediction. Hopes and dreams of Las Vegas also. I didn’t think it was them this morning but after reading between the lines I am pretty sure it is them after all. Could Avelo be creating a base here due to there being more than one destination served??? Hmmm…something to think about. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

This new airline is going to use Gate A1. I thought American used that gate. With their new service to LGA coming in May and increased service to other destinations where are they gonna park all of these planes? GSP is gonna need more gates along with that new parking garage fast. I noticed both garages today on GSP’s website are over 90% full with one of them at 99%. 

1 hour ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Don't read too much into the GSP post.  Just a stock photo.  I can assure you the new airline will not use A1.

Also remember GSP Airport uses common use computers at their gates so any airline can use any gate at the airport if the airport wanted them to. 

If another airline is coming dont read as much into any airline alliances as gate use would depend on who ground handles it.  If Unifi gets the contract then if will most likely park with Delta on the B side.  If Piedmont got it (which they wont) it'd park probably on A1-3.  If UGE got the contract then it would most likely go on A6, A8, or A9.  If Trago-Dugan or G2 got the work or someone not already at GSP then it would probably leave out of A5, A7, or A9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

GSP’s Facebook post: “say hello to your next adventure.”

Avelo’s slogan: “it’s time to say hello to Avelo.”

I think I cracked it. :ph34r: Runs and hides. Nashville, Orlando and New Haven with Avelo is my prediction. Hopes and dreams of Las Vegas also. I didn’t think it was them this morning but after reading between the lines I am pretty sure it is them after all. Could Avelo be creating a base here due to there being more than one destination served??? Hmmm…something to think about. 

Possible but "say hello" is an extremely common phrase. GSPs use in no way makes think they are connected.  We'll know soon, fun to speculate. I would probably prefer Breeze unless it were to be a "mini hub" situation.  How can we possibly need more Orlando or FL flights?