Richmond Developments

Cotuit

from an email from Richmond Renaissance:

"Have you looked around Downtown lately? Can you believe the progress and change taking place Downtown, right now? From historic rehabs to new construction, the economic revitalization of our Downtown is dramatic. There are literally hundreds of buildings that have been renovated and transformed into an eclectic mix of places to live, learn, work, and play. It is truly a Renaissance.

On September 18, the Richmond Times-Dispatch will publish, Downtown: A River City Renaissance celebrating the exciting growth, the amazing developments, the invigorated lifestyle, and the exquisite new and renovated structures.

This special, colorful, multi-section broadsheet (full page) issue will showcase the key areas of redevelopment in downtown Richmond. These pages will be filled with insider information, the latest updates, scores of photographs, detailed architectural renderings, maps and more. "

Have you looked around Downtown lately? Can you believe the progress and change taking place Downtown, right now? From historic rehabs to new construction, the economic revitalization of our Downtown is dramatic. There are literally hundreds of buildings that have been renovated and transformed into an eclectic mix of places to live, learn, work, and play. It is truly a Renaissance.

On September 18, the Richmond Times-Dispatch will publish, Downtown: A River City Renaissance celebrating the exciting growth, the amazing developments, the invigorated lifestyle, and the exquisite new and renovated structures.

This special, colorful, multi-section broadsheet (full page) issue will showcase the key areas of redevelopment in downtown Richmond. These pages will be filled with insider information, the latest updates, scores of photographs, detailed architectural renderings, maps and more.

What a perfect environment for you to showcase your own story or development, or simply to congratulate those who are making such a difference in our lives and our future.

We encourage you to support this important publication. It will showcase all the exciting things happening and your commitment to the future of Downtown. Richmond Renaissance is supporting this publication with the purchase of a full page ad. We are also lending a hand to make Downtown: A River City Renaissance a stellar, accurate, compelling publication.

Tadaaaa!! See? This is my first cut and paste, even though you have already posted it. I'm practicing. :lol:

Edited by burt

I just wanted to make mention that I went to the Ghazi Company's website today and could not find the reference on the website that there is a big Ghazi project planned for Richmond, VA. I hope that doesn't mean that they've backed out. Hopefully, it means that it is about to be one of their "existing projects" rather than a future project.

Ghazi was quoted in an article saying he had projects coming up in Richmond. It seems that they are in the process of updating their website.....give it time guys and hope big!!

I know Cordish is doing the retail but I couldn't tell you if they have more tenants or who those tenants might be.....

okay talking about the Miller&Rhoads hotel conversion, Michael Laing take note!!!!!

The tea room should be the hotel's premiere dining room. It should be restored to its original class. Secondly, to pay homage to Richmond, its traditions, and its legends like Miller&Rhoads, you need to honor the window shopping. Preserve some of the display windows. Decorate them like Miller&Rhoads, hell have people that used to work there do it. I bet they'd do it for free. Do the train models and the miniature richmond one. Different styles of clothing. Pay respect to this building. It's a Richmond treasure. Maybe even one for sara sue hats. People used to come as far as North Carolina to shop on Broad. Leave a tiny bit of the past in this great structure for the future to see. Please.....

Wrldcoupe and vdogg - The Richmond Projects site is super. I wish I could help with it but I believe it's a bit beyond my capabilities.

Why is the Haxall View image so fuzzy? All the other pictures and renderings are excellent - some of which I haven't seen, like the aerial view of the John Marshall.

Is there a way to add a rendering of Miller & Rhoads?

OH MY GOD! I actually copied and pasted this from Richmond off-topic!!! :lol: I posted it there then realized it should be on this thread.

Anyway, are you going to add Rocketts Landing?

Edited by burt

Wrldcoupe and vdogg - The Richmond Projects site is super. I wish I could help with it but I believe it's a bit beyond my capabilities.

Why is the Haxall View image so fuzzy? All the other pictures and renderings are excellent - some of which I haven't seen, like the aerial view of the John Marshall.

Is there a way to add a rendering of Miller & Rhoads?

OH MY GOD!  I actually copied and pasted this from Richmond off-topic!!! :lol:  I posted it there then realized it should be on this thread.

Anyway, are you going to add Rocketts Landing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And also, what about the new VCU business/engineering school? Just helping you remember the many projects going on downtown. You know, it's crazy to think that all of this is going on downtown! It's amazing! :thumbsup:

Haxall View is no longer fuzzy.  Thanks, whoever fixed it! :)

Eric, The new Engineering and Business schools are there - under VCU Development - Expansion of VCU Monroe Park Campus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops, sorry. :wacko: I must have blasted right passed it. I was actually looking for the rendering of it published on Richmond.com not too long ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Oops, sorry.  :wacko:  I must have blasted right passed it.  I was actually looking for the rendering of it published on Richmond.com not too long ago.  I'll see if I can find it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here are some renderings I found:

VCU_schematic.jpg

VCU_tower.jpg

11-19-03vcumonroe_story.jpg

Holy Cow! I stumbled over this pdf file from VCU that has tons of renderings (all 46 pages has a rendering!) and plans in it regarding VCU's expansion. I would have copied some of the images, but I don't know how to from a pdf file...if it's even possible. Check it out here:

VCU Master Plan

Hey, they even have a 4:30 min movie on the master plan here. Click the link for the movie. What a great find if you haven't seen all of this already! It is amazing! VCU will almost take all of downtown!...or it seems that way. They will definitely be a big part of downtown's transformation!

wow thanks man! I did see that pdf, but I didn't read it all. since these are preliminary renderings, I wonder what the final one will be like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't post the rendering of the tower, because that has been axed by VCU. For some reason they didn't think it fit in. Pity. I liked it! :lol:

Gov. Mark R. Warner today announced that Merit Medical Systems Inc. will invest $5 million to open a manufacturing facility in Chesterfield County, creating 200 new jobs. Fifteen employees will transfer from the company's previous facility in Henrico County which could not be expanded to meet the company's growing production requirements. The new Chesterfield County facility will assemble and distribute procedure kits for the medical industry worldwide. Virginia successfully competed against Utah for the project.

"Merit Medical Systems is a rapidly growing medical device manufacturer that has found the right fit with the workforce and facility in Chesterfield County," said Governor Warner. "Virginia is specifically targeting the growth of our biosciences sector. This announcement builds upon the success of our Virginia Biotechnology Initiative."

Founded in 1987 and headquartered in South Jordan, Utah, Merit Medical Systems Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of proprietary disposable medical accessories used in interventional and diagnostic procedures, particularly in cardiology and radiology. Merit serves client hospitals worldwide with a domestic and international sales force totaling approximately 70 individuals. Merit employs 1,440 people worldwide, with manufacturing facilities in Salt Lake City and South Jordan, Utah; Santa Clara, California; Angleton, Texas; Richmond, Virginia; Maastricht, the Netherlands; and Galway, Ireland.

"Merit is excited to be part of the positive business climate in Virginia, particularly the greater Richmond area," said Fred P. Lampropoulos, Chairman and CEO, Merit Medical Systems. "Our new facility and employees will allow us to provide a complete, customized and direct method of delivering a broader range of products to our customers."

The Virginia Economic Development Partnership worked with Chesterfield County and the Greater Richmond Partnership to secure the project for Virginia. The Virginia Department of Business Assistance will support the project with training assistance through its Workforce Services Program.

New jobs for Chesterfield.

Damn, I'm getting good at copying & pasting!

:lol::lol:

This was on Richmond dot com today.

Edited by burt