Richmond Developments

Cotuit

"Another New York development firm recently paid $3.1 million to buy an entire city block -- bounded by Main and Cary streets between Third and Fourth streets -- that was sold by Media General Inc., which owns the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Sources say Bow Tie Partners, whose flagship property is a building at Times Square in Manhattan, plans to redevelop the Richmond property."

from the article eandslee posted about centennial towers! we may have yet another high rise coming to town :) :) :)

oh man look what I found!!!!!!

Bordered by 3rd Street, 4th Street, Cary Street and Main Street, Bow Tie Partners' newest development site occupies approximately 2 acres of prime downtown property. It's location between the centers of downtown Richmond and Virginia Commonwealth University make it an ideal spot for a new urban mixed use development.

Bow Tie Partners is currently planning a large scale mixed use development which would include multi-family housing, first class retail space and a Bow Tie Cinema.

http://www.bowtiepartners.com/

Your Right about that I am happy I can't believe all of this is going on in Richmond this is one of the best days for richmond.I love those cenetennial Towers they look really nice. I know wrldcoupe if Ghazi pulls of something nice or better than this i'm gonna light my head on fire lol.Wouldn't really do that.

yea I gotta lay this all out:

Vistas on the James

18-stories

Canal and Riverfront

168 condo units w/ first floor retail

vistas2.gif

Centennial Towers

18-22 stories+

Main between 5th and 6th

Retail on the street level, a couple of floors of office space, a boutique-style hotel of 66 to 100 rooms, and 150 to 200 condo units on the top floors.

$175 million+

Centennial.jpg

Bow Tie Parters site

Large Scale Mixed-use

multi-family housing, first class retail space and a Bow Tie Cinema

no rendering yet, potential highrise development

Ghazi Company

planning to do possibly a $100 million+ development in Richmond

well, eric did break the centennial story...Evertything kind of tumbled after that.Let's say that VAPAF gets built. Philip Morris finishes its research center. The Hilton on Broad is complete (by ECI or the guy that owns the Marriot). The braves get a new stadium in the bottom.Rockett's LAnding comes along. Plus the 5 other projects just layed out above. Can you imagine how Richmond would be?!

well, eric did break the centennial story...Evertything kind of tumbled after that.Let's say that VAPAF gets built. Philip Morris finishes its research center. The Hilton on Broad is complete (by ECI or the guy that owns the Marriot). The braves get a new stadium in the bottom.Rockett's LAnding comes along. Plus the 5 other projects just layed out above. Can you imagine how Richmond would be?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Richmond is going to be a totally different city when all that you mentioned above is built. Not to mention, all of this news of new buildings being built will probably equal a domino effect that will yield more news of more buildings to be built. People, I believe, are starting to realize that Richmond is an awesome city and is THE place to be! Sweet!

do you think we will soon see highrise development in Manchester? Reason I ask is that a property owner recently requested to be left out of a proposed historic district in Manchester because of the lack of history in his land and the possibility of future development (including high rise development). He owns several parcels west of the Suntrust Mortgage HQ/Overnite HQ which would offer stunning views of the CBD from south of the river. Personally, I would'nt mind seeing this type of development in parts of Manchester...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That ugly Silo at the end of Mayo Bridge is to be converted to apartments and, presumably, will have a totally new look. That structure is about 200 feet tall, isn't it? The present leasee has about 3 more years to go before conversion can begin. Legitimately, the Silo can be counted as a Manchester high rise, I suppose.

he chimed in a couple times yesterday. I think what he's really waiting for is news about Ghazi's development plans. Only thing about Ghazi is that while we all hope he is spending $100 mill+ downtown, we don't really know. Some of his developments are pretty suburban...For all we know he could be planning something in Short Pump. If you go to his website though and check out the plans they have for St. Louis, they are absolutely stunning. I'd kill for that kind of thing in Richmond.

You all are going to hear from me I'm just at summer school for part of the day. But yeah I liked Yesterdays news but if Ghazi Plans something amazing then that will have made my day hope its something like Epicentre that would be awesome.Or even a new Commercial High-Rise would be really nice I just hope the Office Market starts thriving again downtown. Then Richmond would be unbelieveable. Who knows we could end up like Philadelphia with over a million people in Richmond. I am glad to here something about the silos in Manchester. I would like to see Alcoa Go and see a new tallest skyscraper in Richmond maybe about 40 or 50 floors if the RIchmond Office Market starts thriving.

wrldcoupe wrote Some of his developments are pretty suburban... For all we know he could be planning something in Short Pump.

wrldcoupe I don't know about shortpump because The property across from Short Pump Towne Center is going to be a new Hospital for Short Pump there starting work on the hospital right now. and all the land is pretty much taken up.

well keep in mind that Watkins Centre in Midlothian will be starting up soon.... I really hope Ghazi intends on doing something downtown. I just wish we knew where. I'm not sure if the location of Alcoa would be the best place for Richmond's tallest buildings. It would block out much of the rest of the skyline's shorter towers (Dominion, James Center, and others). I think Richmond's tallest should be built on parking lots throughout the CBD.Something around 20-25 floors would be good in and around the canal walk IMO. That said, if developments are planned for the Alcoa area, I would still like to see those jobs stay in the Richmond area.

Edited by wrldcoupe4