Richmond Developments

Cotuit

we already do...its the classic amphitheater at the Richmond raceway complex. Trouble is that it's underused. Y101 had a concert there, the chili cookoff mainstage is there. I'm not sure what RIR plans to do with it. I think it should be refitted and expanded but I think I heard they may be tearing it down. Trouble with Richmond is that being between D.C. and the beach, organizers probably figure that people from Richmond will make the drive, which, they do.

anyone have any suggestions for development on Mayo Island? When I took my pics from the Floodwall overlook, it was obvious that it is an underused area that is almost an eyesore. Also, would it be possible to give the Mayo Bridge a paint job and fix up the lightposts? It could be such a beautiful bridge....btw that reminds me, the Huguenot Bridge in is the process of getting a paintjob. It seems to be a dark brown which should cover up all the rust pretty well :)

And pretty soon you'll be able to look at Watkins Centre and think the same thing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol sad but true! If Watkins happens, which it must I'm sure, I hope that it doesn't scream suburbia. At least give it a sense of urbanism. I wish they would paint the Mayo. Or at least sand blast the sucker!

The miller and Rhoads hilton is on!!!!!!! They want to begin construction before they have even purchased the building. It will be finished in early fall 2007!!!!!! Hell yea!

"The project involves a 249-room hotel and between 130 and 140 condominium units, Laing said. The exact number of residential units depends on how many will be one- or two-bedroom homes.........

.....Laing said ECI hopes to start soon on some of the construction, particularly building some of the interior atriums. If possible, he said, he would like to get started even before formally buying the building, a transaction now set for November."

ohyea, chalk up another $80 million dollars of investment in Downtown Richmond.

Hotel project has 'the players'

The miller and Rhoads hilton is on!!!!!!! They want to begin construction before they have even purchased the building. It will be finished in early fall 2007!!!!!! Hell yea!

"The project involves a 249-room hotel and between 130 and 140 condominium units, Laing said. The exact number of residential units depends on how many will be one- or two-bedroom homes.........

.....Laing said ECI hopes to start soon on some of the construction, particularly building some of the interior atriums. If possible, he said, he would like to get started even before formally buying the building, a transaction now set for November."

ohyea, chalk up another $80 million dollars of investment in Downtown Richmond.

Hotel project has 'the players'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really good news! When Phillip Morris announced, I felt that it would spur this. You know, last week Style Weekly reported that the Mariott's owner (an Italian gentleman whose name I won't attempt to spell) was interested in taking over the M&R project. That, combined with Vista and Centennial must have proved to Prudential that it is a worthy project.

Joey, you can go back and be friends with young Lainge again - hahahah. His old man is exonerated. :lol:

stealingpears on rcw brought up a good idea for a new tower (and fixing an old). Reclad the Monroe tower like we reclad city hall. Then on the land that was to become its twin and never happened, build a new landmark tower. Hell even the state could build the tower and that way it wouldn't have to tear down anything historic around the capitol (i.e. murphy's and richmond hotels) to make room for new stuff. All that's sitting on the other side of the monroe parking deck is a big plot of concrete. It would also make the approach on I-95 south look better.

stealingpears on rcw brought up a good idea for a new tower (and fixing an old). Reclad the Monroe tower like we reclad city hall. Then on the land that was to become its twin and never happened, build a new landmark tower. Hell even the state could build the tower and that way it wouldn't have to tear down anything historic around the capitol (i.e. murphy's and richmond hotels) to make room for new stuff. All that's sitting on the other side of the monroe parking deck is a big plot of concrete. It would also make the approach on I-95 south look better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pear's idea makes a lot of sense! Now who do we know on the "inside" to urge on this plan? :lol:

But let's make the new 2nd tower just a few feet higher than Va. Beach's Westin spire. (hehehehe) ;)

Edited by burt

Pear's idea makes a lot of sense!  Now who do we know on the "inside" to urge on this plan? :lol:

But let's make the new 2nd tower just a few feet higher than Va. Beach's Westin spire. (hehehehe)  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And so the plot thickens.... <_< .

Just to let everyone know NBC 12 is going to show plans for a new Movie Theater downtown this might be the Bow Tie Partners Mix-Used Development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Watch carefully and give a full report tomorrow, Joey.

I was supposed to go over to Times Square to check out Bow Tie's building here in NYCity, but haven't had the time. I believe I heard that ToysRUs is in the building. I'll check it out and give a report. :)

lol if we beat out the westin by a few feet on a new tower I would die :lol:

okay here's more about the nbc12 story:

It's talking about the bowtie partners site....

"New York developers have already bought the land and say they're very excited about putting a cinema on Main Street. ....

...........Right now the block between 3rd and 4th street is mostly surface parking and an empty building.

The developer says plans right now are very, very preliminary, but include shops and homes in addition to the cinema. Bowtie Partners bought the land in May for more than $3-million........

.....The other Bowtie cinemas have five to seven screens, though developer Ben Moss told us on the phone Thursday it was too early to know how many screens the company will put in Richmond."

Judging by the wording, this probably won't be highrise, but hopefully at will at least be mid-rise. Still never know though!

New movie theater may come to downtown Richmond