Richmond Developments

Cotuit

SunTrust's Mid-Atlantic HQ in downtown Richmond will soon have an evironmentally friendly greenroof. It will be the largest in Virginia at 11,000 sf.

SunTrust to construct green roof atop Downtown headquarters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There must be jubilation in certain quarters of RCW over this announcement. I think it's great and I hope the idea spreads to lots of rooftops.

SunTrust, I believe, is like the 2nd or 3rd tallest building in Richmond after the James Monroe state tower and, possibly, Federal Reserve.

it would but we don't even know where the Ghazi company is planning on doing anything. I emailed them but got no response....I wish we could find out what is planned on the entire city block that was purchased.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe TWO city blocks. I wish there were a way to check out my contention that another full block was sold before the 3/4/Main/Cary. :)

what if you contacted the city econ. dev. dept. to see about the city blocks? I also read about the Miller & Rhoads.....we'll have to hold our breath though because we haven't seen a timetable or anytthing and technically, I believe Hilton hasn't definitely committed yet. Something needs to happen soon thouhg. that building is in baaad shape.

here's a bigger rendering of the Philip Morris Research Facility:

research_technology_center.jpg

This page also has more info and an aerial flyby of the project:

click here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen a little bit on the project, but the bigger rendering is niiiice. :) The architectural lines of the building are gorgeous and unique, particularly for the Richmond area. It looks like something out of the Silicon Valley in its heyday.

yea I really like the modern look of this...It will definitely help transform the area around the coliseum. The biotech park tends to have a more modern feel. here is the UNOS Headquarters:

000_0103.jpg

If eric is right in thinking its about 13 stories, then it should be very visible from 64/95. I can't wait for this building to start rising!

from Richmond.com's ask the mayor:

he said some interesting stuff today. First a small quote:

"...... about $400 million in development is being spent along the Broad Street corridor between 4th and 14th streets alone. This includes a new Federal Courthouse, the Virginia State Capitol restoration and visitors center, renovation of the Finance and Washington buildings in Capital Square and renovation of the Old State Library, Marriott Hotel, Richmond City Hall and Richmond Coliseum. ............ Meanwhile, by this September, the Beautify Richmond 2007 committee will begin coordinating volunteer efforts to eliminate graffiti citywide and make the City's major gateways more attractive.

First of all, I wonder if that means the Coliseum will have an exterior facelift...it sure does need one. Secondly, it's wonderful that the city will soon get very serious about tackling graffiti and improving gateways.

Here's the whole thing...there is also a good Q & A about Downtown vs the Suburbs

Richmond.com's Ask the Mayor

from Richmond.com's ask the mayor:

he said some interesting stuff today. First a small quote:

"...... about $400 million in development is being spent along the Broad Street corridor between 4th and 14th streets alone. This includes a new Federal Courthouse, the Virginia State Capitol restoration and visitors center, renovation of the Finance and Washington buildings in Capital Square and renovation of the Old State Library, Marriott Hotel, Richmond City Hall and Richmond Coliseum. ............ Meanwhile, by this September, the Beautify Richmond 2007 committee will begin coordinating volunteer efforts to eliminate graffiti citywide and make the City's major gateways more attractive.

First of all, I wonder if that means the Coliseum will have an exterior facelift...it sure does need one. Secondly, it's wonderful that the city will soon get very serious about tackling graffiti and improving gateways.

Here's the whole thing...there is also a good Q & A about Downtown vs the Suburbs

Richmond.com's Ask the Mayor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Coliseum just recently completed a $7M interior face lift. Haven't heard of any other plans for it. I think it says volumes that Wilder never so much as mentioned VAPAF amongst the Broad street improvements. He's got it in for them, I fear. I have a feeling that Paul Goldman is the spokesman for the Mayor in this bi-weekly column.