Union Square

Yes, granite is a must. Most of the floor plans have kitchens in the main living area. You will be seeing the counters every waking moment. ONe cheaper option may be to do just the "bar height" in granite and the regular counter in laminate (say, black maybe?).

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't received the materials selection list yet, but if granite is too pricy for the whole kitchen I was thinking of doing the bar height counter in granite and the counters in stainless steel. The design center at Union Square had some textured stainless that looks pretty fingerprint/scratch resistant and had a certain cool factor.

Any thoughts on stainless steel counters?

--

Omnivore

New to the forum

consume everything.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't received the materials selection list yet, but if granite is too pricy for the whole kitchen I was thinking of doing the bar height counter in granite and the counters in stainless steel. The design center at Union Square had some textured stainless that looks pretty fingerprint/scratch resistant and had a certain cool factor.

--

Omnivore

New to the forum

consume everything.

We were thinking of doing the exact same thing. :w00t:

--

Omnivore

New to the forum

consume everything.

All I know is our fridge is stainless.. and although it doesn't "stain".. it gets finger printy as all hell. I wouldn't want to deal with an entire countertop like that. but that's just me.

Just an FYI.. I just got an email from Brad.. i've been talking to him about Boardwalk.. anyways.. w/o intentionally breaking the rules..

They have 23 left at Union square from roughly 230k-400k depending on everything... and are 1300-2200 sq. ft.

I know people were wondering, so there you go, right from the sellers mouth...

(if the pricing is illegal feel free to delete it, just thought I'd share since it appears only the higher end stuff is left)...

I have a feeling things are going to be pushed back a bit as well.

We were originally told move in was in July for us (1st floor) and that we would have to pick our finishes and things by late october.

Now, it is January and we havent even seen the choices of finishes.

I am estimating September for move-in. Which is a bummer because my girlfriend is a teacher, and has the summers off.

--

Omnivore

New to the forum

consume everything.

Stainless is nice but sometimes a little too commercial feeling for me. If I was still buying there I'd be putting in glass counters. Check these things out:

www.thinkglass.com

Hmmmm....yah, not for me, but it's pretty interesting. Whatever happened to Corian? Anyone doing that anymore? I guess I'm old fashioned and look more for "functional" than "fantastical".

Does anyone know if Bradley lurks around here?

I'm sure he does.. good luck getting him to come out of hiding :ph34r:

I'm sure he does.. good luck getting him to come out of hiding :ph34r:

My parents have corian and they love it. It doesnt need to maintenance that granite does and there are a lot of styles from which you can choose. I think it costs more though.

It costs a little more, however several companies like Wilsonart provide "solid surface laminates", which is the same material but a little thinner, so less expensive. They hold up extremely well.

The house I live in now has Corian. Seems functional, but I like the look of granite a lot more

Archived