Union Square

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stainless is nice but sometimes a little too commercial feeling for me. If I was still buying there I'd be putting in glass counters. Check these things out:

www.thinkglass.com

Thanks svs650k3.

Illuminated glass would be awesome. Looks like a million bucks but it probably costs it too.

I love that (in an urban converted condo) you can get away with using products that normally you'ld expect to see in a more commercial setting. In a residential house I'd be afraid it would comprimise resale. [i'm no expert - just my impression.]

What's up with the dryer vent in the condos?

There isn't one!!!

Anyone know a way around this?

I'm planning on running a gas line (Upgrade).

Is it possible to get away with using a traditional gas dryer? Like an inconspicuous vent to the outside.

[even though you're not suppose to?]

I'd rather not go the electric, ventless route.

Perhaps I'm SOL?!?

I beleive, and I think it was Bradley who told me this, that ventless is the only option.

I would think if you are on one of the top levels you could go through the roof instead of punching a hole in the wall. I find it hard to believe that you can spend 450,000 on a unit and be stuck with a ventless dryer. There are combo washer/dryer units that take up little space but don't work so well. The run time is extremely long for the drying cycle. There is a stand alone ventless dryer by Bosch that can be stacked on a washer that is quite nice though. It has a longer run time than a traditional dryer but much beter than a combo unit.

I would think if you are on one of the top levels you could go through the roof instead of punching a hole in the wall. I find it hard to believe that you can spend 450,000 on a unit and be stuck with a ventless dryer. There are combo washer/dryer units that take up little space but don't work so well. The run time is extremely long for the drying cycle. There is a stand alone ventless dryer by Bosch that can be stacked on a washer that is quite nice though. It has a longer run time than a traditional dryer but much beter than a combo unit.

Anyone here live in the American Seating condos? I think its the same ventless situation there, at least it was in the apartments.

Anyone here live in the American Seating condos? I think its the same ventless situation there, at least it was in the apartments.

They are ventless

I would thing electric would be better way to go anyways, just because of the cost of natural gas sky rocketing over the past two years... :dontknow:

I am a real cook,:cry:, and I don't like the idea of cooking on an electric stove, but the gas prices have made me feel like I should put up with it (although if it's just cooking gas and not heating gas, how much can it be? :unsure:) I have a friend at City View who has the ASKO ventless stackable washer and dryer and she says they're great. (Although, come to think of it, she does wear a lot of vintage clothing that I'm sure she has dry cleaned. :unsure:)

I am a real cook,:cry:, and I don't like the idea of cooking on an electric stove, but the gas prices have made me feel like I should put up with it (although if it's just cooking gas and not heating gas, how much can it be? :unsure:) I have a friend at City View who has the ASKO ventless stackable washer and dryer and she says they're great. (Although, come to think of it, she does wear a lot of vintage clothing that I'm sure she has dry cleaned. :unsure:)

Could it be fire code in an apartment style building? Gas ranges with flames and what not being scary and stuff? Where as electric just get hot and are less prone to starting fires (not that you couldn't start one with electric)? :dontknow:

Just an idea

Could it be fire code in an apartment style building? Gas ranges with flames and what not being scary and stuff? Where as electric just get hot and are less prone to starting fires (not that you couldn't start one with electric)? :dontknow:

Just an idea

Could be. But my guess is that keeping everything electric is easier and cheaper for the developer. :shades:

Just an idea

You can have a gas range.

It's a vented dryers that's not allowed.

Archived